Hey Folks, I searched but only find info for BES clients. I'm using an 8800 ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

studio253 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't open .XLSX file...NOT ON BES

Advertisement

Hey Folks,
    I searched but only find info for BES clients. I'm using an 8800 through AT&T. My office changed to Office 2007 and now I can't open the spreadsheets they e-mail me. My office is in Miami but I work in New England. Is there a fix out there that I'm missing? I tried Google but keep getting BES results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Dave-

green no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Can't open .XLSX file...NOT ON BES

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~they need to be saved before being sent in 2003 or compatibility mode. On your computer go to the top left hand microsoft symbol in the 2007 application of excel,click the symbol and select save as, that will give you the option to save as an erlier version of excel which you can now open with your berry. Our office is the same way, some of us have 2007 and some still have 2003 so we just save eveything in the old format. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback. I can view it on my laptop. I just can't open the files on the fly on my bb. I'm a salesman and I'm on the road all the time and can't convert them when I'm out. My regular xls files I can open on my device but not the new xlsx.

I'm not looking to save them to my device just to see the sales sheets while I'm with a client.

Anything 3rd party stuff out there?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Its a new format for office 2k7. The BB so far isn't equipped for this. Most likely they will build this into the os. Your only (free) option right now is to have them resaved to office 2003 .xls format. I haven't seen any 3rd party apps for this yet.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

I heard today that there is a SP out to fix that. I have not installed yet on my server but I heard it works look in the BES Pro forum.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks folks.

Any new info on this? Will it be in the new OS? Thanks.

-Dave-