Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mel, Delete Service Books, Resend FROM BIS on your carrier's site, then Register now...That should ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: can't open attachment

Advertisement

Mel, Delete Service Books, Resend FROM BIS on your carrier's site, then Register now...That should fix it (I know, I know, sounds like im a Tech working for TMobile). But really, re-linking yourself to their servers should take care of this problem...It did for me...If it doesn't, maybe this was affecting more than one server...and yours will come

I have a ticket open on this issue, So I may be able to get you a little closer to RIM than the extra hour it'll take on your own...

PIN is 23D778E8 if you need me...

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Mick, not Mel, what the hell is wrong w/ me? Sorry

denniesmit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

In case anybody is wondering I have discovered what my attachments issues are:
    After doing extensive tests, it turns out you are not able to see JPEG (or bmp, png and tiff) attachments on your blackberry if they were ever modified in photoshop (doesn't matter if you save them as baseline or optimized) and then send through entourage. I've tested this on a pc and mac and both don't show up. but when I send the exact same file with mail (on a mac) it is fine, so my guess is that the combo photoshop / entourage is the culprit here. The attachments were also visible if I resaved them in preview (on a mac). All other attachments (ie word / excel / pdf) seem fine. technical support said they had never heard of this and couldn't explain, but it is not my device, because theirs did the same thing.
    So if any of you run into jpeg (or any other picture format) attachmnet problems, just ask the sender to resend with another email application or to resave the file with a simpler image processing software.
    Hope that helps
    D

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

denniesmit,

I really don't understand. I have sent photoshopped jpg and png files to my BB many times as attachments, and just did it again, to make sure. I had no problem opening it. Most of the images I send to my BB until I got the pearl have been sent by email, and I have never had a problem opening them. And if they're pngs they all go through photoshop.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

I don't know, are you sending them through entourage? When I send from mail they are fine, so maybe whatever email app you are using is fine too. I really don't know, it is a very strange thing, but I would think that it isn't my BB, because the t-mobile rep had the same thing happen on the test we did....
    who knows?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No, I use a PC and outllook. Hope this helps

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

Yeah that's why yours is fine. The only problems I've seen have been with entourage. I tested mail and outlook and they are both fine.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sorry, I was just going by your post.
    I've tested this on a pc and mac and both don't show up.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

pbryson83 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question can't open attachment SOMEBODY HELP!!!!

I am trying to access a MS word doc attachment and when I try to veiw it I get an error message that says more request cannot be completed. Service book information not found. Anyone Have any ideas on how to fix this???

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

pbryson - log into your BIS account and resend service books.
    sounds like you might be missing the ones that allow the attachments.

dschuld no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello everyone. I have a BB Pearl and all of a sudden can't open ANY attachments. It seesm to just time out. I even cycled pwr by reseating the batt. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

D

DenisC no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: can't open photoshop JPEG attachment

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this issue, below? I am having the same exact problem.

THank you.

Quote Originally Posted by denniesmit View Post
    In case anybody is wondering I have discovered what my attachments issues are:
    After doing extensive tests, it turns out you are not able to see JPEG (or bmp, png and tiff) attachments on your blackberry if they were ever modified in photoshop (doesn't matter if you save them as baseline or optimized) and then send through entourage. I've tested this on a pc and mac and both don't show up. but when I send the exact same file with mail (on a mac) it is fine, so my guess is that the combo photoshop / entourage is the culprit here. The attachments were also visible if I resaved them in preview (on a mac). All other attachments (ie word / excel / pdf) seem fine. technical support said they had never heard of this and couldn't explain, but it is not my device, because theirs did the same thing.
    So if any of you run into jpeg (or any other picture format) attachmnet problems, just ask the sender to resend with another email application or to resave the file with a simpler image processing software.
    Hope that helps
    D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12