Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I have another problem with my new BB pearl: When I receive an email ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

denniesmit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

can't open attachment

Advertisement

Hello, I have another problem with my new BB pearl:
    When I receive an email message with multiple attachments I can open those without a problem, but when it has only one attachment, I can't!
    I highlight the [1 attachment] and click the trackball, but my only options are copy, reply, forward, reply to all and delete. Also in the full menu there is no option to open the attachment!
    PLease help!
    Danielle

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: can't open attachment

That is strange. I am sure someone will be able to help Danielle. BTW, welcome to Pinstack!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Danielle, welcome to stax! There is another new cing user that is experiencing the same thing. We didn't try multiple ATT we just tried the one. I can ask him tom about multiple. We were troubleshooting today. He's got a ticket/call in with cing.
    His name is MickPick

PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

OK, let me know.
    Maybe I should call my provider (T-mobile) too, see what they say.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo

Danielle, welcome to stax! There is another new cing user that is experiencing the same thing. We didn't try multiple ATT we just tried the one. I can ask him tom about multiple. We were troubleshooting today. He's got a ticket/call in with cing.
    His name is MickPick
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tachments.html

PIN/ID
    ATA

Thanks exciter!

Hey how did you quote on wap? I haven't figured that one out

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Are they the same attachements? The picture you can get in the multiple attachment you can not get when sent alone?

Maybe it doesn't like the one you are sending alone. If it can't open the type of file it is, it usually won't show the option.

Just a guess... you might have already tried this.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    ATA

Danielle, which email provider are you using? Hotmail, gmail, yahoo?

PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

I'm using .mac. I'm doing a few tests now, with the exact same picture in two's and by itself, get back to you soon

PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

Right now, the BB is not showing any attachments with the tests at all... I'll try again tomorrow, will let you all know, hopefully we can come up with a solution
    D

PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

Ok, I rebooted the device and ran a bunch of tests. I haven't run into my previous problem where I don't see the open attachment option, but I have discovered this:
    Word, PDF, Excel documents are fine, together alone, whichever.
    Jpegs are fine too by themselves or together, but ONLY when they were imported straight from a camera into iphoto or to my desktop. I retouch pretty much all my pictures in photoshop, and I save them as regular jpeg's, small format resolution and size too. THOSE jpeg's don't show up in the email, it shows no attachments at all!
    How weird is that! This is a major problem, since a lot of people use photoshop (I don't know if it would apply to other image editing software) and they might be emailing me photo's I need to view on my BB. In my work this is very important. I can live with not importing my own pictures (altough I would like that to set as caller id and to have on the device, so when I travel I can email them to other people) but any photo that anybody made in photoshop won't work?!
    I am really getting fed up with the BB now, between having no IMAP server folder support (including sent messages!) and now this, aarrrghh!
    Maybe, just maybe, somebody out there knows a work around for this?
    I also looked on the blackberry website, but there is no phone support and their knowledge base is vey confusing. Anybody, please help!

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7

Unlike you I cannot open any attachments at all. I called cingy and they advised to Login to the bis site and resend the service books. That did nada. Also, before I was unable to send/receive mms, I sent an mms from another line I have, it received it, but I can't open the picture ! I can send mms too!
    Figure that one out.
    I am about ready to throw this thing against the wall, but the I would be crying and shaking uncontrolably for weeks.

Saturday I will goto cingular and see if they will let me try a new one out of box to see if it is just my device. My thumbs are sore.

~MickPick - via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

FOR ANYONE HAVING THIS ATTACHMENT ISSUE!

I have been skimming this thread for a few days to watch the development. I too have been having attachment issues, but they weren't EXACTLY what people in this thread have been complaining about. But the fact is, RIM is having issues with this right now. I am a TMO subscriber, called TMO BB dept, they couldn't fix it, and they said there weren't outages; when they transferred me to RIM support (Actually the company RIM,) they let me know that YES certain BIS subscribers are having attachment issues and NO they haven't come up with a fix. I am going to try to do a hard reset of the device, wiping it to the original state, and go from there. Other than that, there is not much I can do right now. Sadly, Yes, I do think switching devices will work, but only until those exact Service Books, Downloads, Options, Certificates combinations hits the device again...then I think we're SOL.

I will say this, I have gmail, and .mac, using BIS on an 8700 from TMO, I run 7 email accounts, and run a standard OS delivery from TMO's site...people should start listing what their specs are and see if multiple people that are having attachment issues are running similar combos of mailboxes, BIS, etc

Whatever the issue, RIM is aware, and not aware of how to fix it...

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

CORRECTION!!!

Just got a call from RIM, everything is fixed, it was a server issue...

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7

Um I still can't open attachments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast