I have an 8310 on the (criminally expensive) Vodafone network in the UK. I do ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jackeyres no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't get emails on my phone when the PC is on

Advertisement

I have an 8310 on the (criminally expensive) Vodafone network in the UK.

I do not receive emails if my PC, or at least Outlook 2007, is on. I may have reset something inadvertently but I would appreciate any help that might be out there.

To recap: my phone does not receive emails if the PC is on. The PC receives emails perfectly whether the phone is on or not.

Thanks in advance.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    this is an option in outlook, go into the set-up in outlook for that email account and make sure outlook it set to leave messages on the server as unread, if it checks a message and marks it read the blackberry service will not send it to your phone.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Also you can check the option to leave it X amount of days then it will delete from server. This way you don't have to worry of cleaning up your email server.

Brilliant. Thanks for your help. Why can't they put tips like these in the manuals?!

Worked first time. Thanks for your help - that ended two months of trawling the wrong sites - including the Blackberry one.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    glad i could help. pinstack is awesome, when your here it doesn't really matter what you've done someone else has already had the issue and is willing to help. answers all my questions! adding to the trust level is always appreciated!