Hi Guys, I'm having a bit of a problem configuring my yahoo mail for blackberry. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

roels1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't configure Yahoo! Mail on Blackberry 8520 Curve

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem configuring my yahoo mail for blackberry. I have a data plan with my provider (BASE in Belgium) and had no problem configuring a gmail or base.blackberry.com adress. The error my blackberry, and firefox when trying to do this via my pc, gives is

Please verify your email address and password. The information you
    provided is incorrect.
    If the error persists contact yahoo.com (your email provider).

I have contacted Yahoo but all they said was change my password for my yahoo login. This however didn't work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    If you can go online to m.yahoo.com and be able to sign in(that is if you're using the .com site), then your account is fine and there is something up with your provider not allowing Yahoo to be configured. You can also try going to the BIS site for your provider, sign in, and configure it there. If that doesn't work and you know for sure you're entering the right email address and password, its an issue with your Provider.

Good luck.

I can indeed go online and view it without a problem via mobile.yahoo etc. I will try and contact my provider but in my experience they aren't that helpful.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah they usually aren't. Well good luck and I hope it gets fixed.

So I called and they suggest to backup my blackberry, wipe, update and reinstall my backup. This however changed nothing(well it made time go by but that doesn't count).

On top of this my appworld says I need another dataservice that allows browsing after about an hour (although my browsing etc still works). The only way to get it back on track is to send the service books again, after that it works fine for about an hour. Could these 2 problems be related? Maybe something with my service books? These include two references to Yahoo!: Yahoo Client Download and BBFS2 [YHO]

I will just give you my blackberry 8520 version: 4.6.1.272 (platform 4.2.0.118) this is up to date isn't it?

Thanks

So I called again:

my operator says this service book problem has something to do with the ports of the balckberry, but I can just wait that out and see of there is a new update.

But for Yahoo there is another problem it seems: I should get Yahoo+ according to my operator. However according to the yahoo site (http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail) this is not the case.... any suggestions?