I am trying to assist someone with their new Blackberry. They had a 7100 I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

dachish no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot Swap Devices

Advertisement

I am trying to assist someone with their new Blackberry. They had a 7100 I believe and have moved to the 8800. Their provider is through AT&T and always has been.
    He currently has a site on the AT&T BIS site which I've been able to login to and update for him when he changes email passwords and such.
    For some reason, and I've never had problems doing so before with other users, I am not able to swap the device.
    When I attempt to it says "the information you provided is not valid for this service provider". I triple-checked the PIN and IMEI number, and they are correct.
    For kicks I tried to make a new account and when I register it, it says the PIN is in use by another service provider. This makes me think it has been registered before but it's a brand new device that came from the store.

Do you all have any suggestions on a way to get around this issue? I called AT&T to get some info on the device history and his account hadn't showed the upgrade yet, but that was the only funny thing, and I imagine AT&T doesn't have much of anything to do with the actual AT&T BIS site since it's a blackberry.com address.
    I'd have called RIM but the number I tried said I had to pay for support. I want to help him but not THAT bad =p

Thanks all!

Dach

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Cannot Swap Devices

I would call back to at&t BB support and get them to try to track down where the pin is registered at since it apparently is either still locked down in the system or someone used it on another carrier (even if by accident). Depending on where the unit was purchased, it may have never been released from their inventory system letting at&t know it was actually purchased and not stolen.

Zo

dachish no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Cannot Swap Devices

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    I would call back to at&t BB support and get them to try to track down where the pin is registered at since it apparently is either still locked down in the system or someone used it on another carrier (even if by accident). Depending on where the unit was purchased, it may have never been released from their inventory system letting at&t know it was actually purchased and not stolen.

Zo
    Thanks a lot, I've been giving that a try.

The whole situation is a mess. After speaking with AT&T, NOW the device is showing the SIM card is rejected, so some of the changes they did made things worse, and I'm still no nearer to getting the original issue resolved.
    Last edited by dachish; 08-16-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged.