Hello, I have an 8703e from TELUS and cannot receive mail through my g-mail account ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gkal no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot receive e-mail (from g-mail)

Advertisement

Hello, I have an 8703e from TELUS and cannot receive mail through my g-mail account on the device. The problem is exclusive to sending e-mail via g-mail as I can send e-mail through the g-mail account, I can forward my g-mail to my telusblackberrynet account and that works perfectly. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this? I am running through BIS and have checked the settings and everything appears to be okay. I have also resent the service books, deleted the account and reapplied it.. nothing seems to work.
    Oh and I did receive the welcome e-mail on my BB in my gmail account, but nothing since.

Thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Cannot receive e-mail (from g-mail)

First, go to your Gmail account's settings and make sure you have POP enabled.

If that doesn't fix it, on your BlackBerry, go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books. Scroll to and highlight all lines that start with the Gmail address in question, click the wheel and select Delete.

Now, go to the TELUS BIS Site. You may want to delete the setup for the Gmail account and set it up again from scratch, but at least go in and make sure it's set up properly. Then, click on Service Books in the left column, and then click the Send Service Books button.

Don't forget to set up a filter - either at Gmail or at the BIS site - to NOT forward emails coming FROM that account to the BlackBerry (emails you send using that account from the BlackBerry), otherwise you'll have two copies of emails you send from your BlackBerry - the one you send and the one BIS forwards to the BlackBerry!
    JerryD

gkal no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks jdellasala, I have done those things to no avail. I have opened a ticket with TELUS and they will take a look at the issue.

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

gkal

Have you enabled POP access from your gmail account?

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2

I have the same problem. Actually I only get "some" emails arriving to the BB while most do not. All settings are correct on gmail, I have removed acct on BIS and re-added, service books, everything. I kind of have given up on gmail, because I cannot fix it. I would love to be able to fix it, if anyone has other ideas.