Hey guys can you help please... I cannot access my pop3 mail. Whilst playing around ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2

cannot config pop3 mail on 8120

Advertisement

Hey guys can you help please...

I cannot access my pop3 mail. Whilst playing around with BIS I actually added my email address and it said it was successful. But when I go to compose mail it says the service hasn't been configured. The trouble is the options I have on my BB are different to those in my user manual. on the setup wizard > email setup my only options is "I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server". My friends who also have 8120's which have seperate applications to set up email. Do I need to somehow rebuild this BB to get all the options or is this cause it is an orange phone the options have been restricted?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Have you configured your email account on the BIS server and not just the Blackberry?

Go to your bookmark page in the Blackberry Browser. There is a link called Blackberry Email Setup, or something similar. If you click the link, you'll be connected to a setup page for your BIS email account(s). If you haven't done so already, you can create your account here.

This will provide you with an email address for your Blackberry (the username and password you use to create the account), and allow you to configure your other email account information.

If you want to save your eyes a bit, reply with your carrier, and someone can post with the link you can access via the desktop to make it easier to find your way around.

aha so I have to configure a joebloggs@blackberry type email before I can configure my own pop3? I did see that option after the enter your email address, My carrier? I am on orange uk but they don't know I'm on a blackberry neither do they know how to support it. thanks for your help

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
    aha so I have to configure a joebloggs@blackberry type email before I can configure my own pop3? I did see that option after the enter your email address, My carrier? I am on orange uk but they don't know I'm on a blackberry neither do they know how to support it. thanks for your help

Do you have a BB Data plan? if you don't then you can't recieve the Service books which will keep the mail form being configured correctly.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    The problem you're having is because you don't have a Blackberry Data Plan. The BDP is what provides you with the BIS access. You won't be able to do anything with your email if Orange does not support Blackberry Devices.

The only option you'll have that I can think of is if you can get Orange's Internet/Data connection to work, you might be able to download an app like Google Mail and use that interface. Otherwise, its not gonna happen.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

hmmm I have 30 megs a month download allowance with my contract is that not a dataplan?