99.9% of my Email is filtered through a "forwarding" account on one of my web ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Can BB delete msgs on server?

Advertisement

99.9% of my Email is filtered through a "forwarding" account on one of my web domains, and from there is directed to (1) a POP3 account with my ISP that is used by my desktop, and (2) is also directed to a POP3 account that interfaces with my Blackberry (8300 "Curve"). So,

Sender -> MyMailAcct@domain.com -> desktop@ISP.com and BB@ISP.com

My desktop Email client (was Eudora, changed to MS Outlook) conveniently deletes messages from the server when it is delivered to the desktop.

My BB does not delete messages from the server when it is delivered to the BB.

Is there a way I can get my BB do delete messages from the server when delivered?

Thanks!!

Kaie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

Re: Can BB delete msgs on server?

hmmmm .... when you press delete on said email it doesnt ask you if you want to delete on handheld and mailbox or just the handheld...

maybe i read the backstory wrong?

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b

Depends on your provider, I know my tmo, if I go to the website on my pc (or opera LOL) I can go to the email setup for my blackberry and tell it to sync deletions for specific email accounts. Not sure about other providers, but that at least let's me delete them nice.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Which account are you trying to get the BB handheld to delete messages from desktop@ISP.com or BB@ISP.com ?? I'm assuming it's the latter, right? If so, check message reconciliation settings on the handheld and also in your BIS setup on your carrier's website.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: Can BB delete msgs on server?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaie
    hmmmm .... when you press delete on said email it doesnt ask you if you want to delete on handheld and mailbox or just the handheld ... maybe i read the backstory wrong?
    Ahhhh, the solution was 12 inches in front of my nose the whole time!

I've concluded that I need to invest $11.55 and have ordered from Amazon.com "BlackBerry Pearl for Dummies." I am a double qualifier:
    • I am a dummy (certified, according to some university professors)
    • I own an 8300
    Maybe I won't ask such dumb and obvious questions any more! Thanks for your help!