my call log has been getting deleted by itself. i know its by its self ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

bfix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30AE1C18

call log getting deleted 7105t

Advertisement

my call log has been getting deleted by itself. i know its by its self because it happened before my eyes one day. ive only had the phone for about 2wks. i called t-mobile and was on the phone w/them for like 2hrs. they finally told me to back-up the info to my pc. delete everything and reinstall it on the phone. if it dsont work then they will replace it. has anyone heard of anything like this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: call log getting deleted 7105t

I have heard of thing getting deleted and messed up, if the OS is messed up, but I can't remember if the Call Log was one of them. I would try what CS said to see if that helps. but you might try a cold reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 secs., Battery Back in) first, just to see if that helps.

Let us know what happens.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had that same thing happen on my 7100r. But days later (and not related) I upgraded to the 7130g.

When I was doing the DM backup of the 7100, I noticed that the call log and SMS messages, though "deleted" from my view, were actually moved to a purge location on the device.

When I E-A'd my new device, all that information came back and was no longer purged.

I think it was related to device memory. In that, the 7100 was out of space, or nearly out of space, so it started to purge messages.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As lewis said, if they start to run out of memory they will start deleting things on their own in the messages and call log folders. Try this.

First off go into ur email, and press ur trackwheel. Go to options. Then go to email reconciliation. Click the trackwheel and purge ur folders.

Now go back to your main email box. Click the trackwheel and go down to view folder. Go thru all those folders and delete out any sent or incomming messages that may be stored.

Also, go ahead and free up memory by doing this:

Options-security-certificates. If you don't work for the govt or a company that uses the certificates, delete them. They do u no good and they are just taking up space.

Let us know how that goes and if I think of anything else, I will post it here.

You want to avoid reloading the OS at all costs unless u absolutely have to. Kinda like anything else, the more often u take it apart or mess with it, the better the possibility of something screwing up and making a bigger headache than before.

My recommendation, whenever you have a problem, come here to pinstack first. The people here are way more knowledgeable than most customer service reps you will find. Its rare u will get ahold of someone like Shawn (Pentace) who actually knows what they are doing and are pretty much geniuses. And if by chance you do find one, like a good woman, don't let them go because they can help you thru almost everything.

rossjp24 no está en línea Stack level 1

"I have heard of thing getting deleted and messed up, if the OS is messed up, but I can't remember if the Call Log was one of them. I would try what CS said to see if that helps. but you might try a cold reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 secs., Battery Back in) first, just to see if that helps."

I was having the same problem with call logs, emails and SMS messages being deleted after 5-10 minutes. I tried this and it seems to have corrected the problem. Have calls in the log that are 30 minutes old now. I'll check back if there is a problem, but this should work for most.