OK. I guard my actual BB email address (xxxxx@tmo.blackberry.net) jealously. NOBODY gets it. I forward ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

esjones no está en línea Stack level 2

Calendar accept reveals BB email address

Advertisement

OK. I guard my actual BB email address (xxxxx@tmo.blackberry.net) jealously. NOBODY gets it. I forward copies of my incoming corporate email to that address, and have the BB mail service configured to show my 'corporate' address as the sender and "Reply To" addresses for outgoing mail.

So far, so good.

Now... if somebody sends me an Outlook calendar item for a meeting, conf call, etc. and I accept the meeting from the BlackBerry, that acceptance message carries my blackberry.net email address back to the sender, thus revealing it.

How can I stop this from happening, short of just not accepting meeting requests from the BlackBerry? I've always been concerned that once my email address is "out there," the spammers will soon get it.

Thanks.

- Earl
    Unlocked AT&T BB Pearl 8100
    Running on T-Mobile

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by esjones View Post
    OK. I guard my actual BB email address (xxxxx@tmo.blackberry.net) jealously. NOBODY gets it. I forward copies of my incoming corporate email to that address, and have the BB mail service configured to show my 'corporate' address as the sender and "Reply To" addresses for outgoing mail.

So far, so good.

Now... if somebody sends me an Outlook calendar item for a meeting, conf call, etc. and I accept the meeting from the BlackBerry, that acceptance message carries my blackberry.net email address back to the sender, thus revealing it.

How can I stop this from happening, short of just not accepting meeting requests from the BlackBerry? I've always been concerned that once my email address is "out there," the spammers will soon get it.

Thanks.

- Earl
    Unlocked AT&T BB Pearl 8100
    Running on T-Mobile
    How are you getting your work e-mails on your device? Do you forward them from Outlook or do you have your work e-mail set up through BIS?

esjones no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    How are you getting your work e-mails on your device? Do you forward them from Outlook or do you have your work e-mail set up through BIS?

My work email is Sun Communications Express. It has an option to do an auto-forward of all incoming messages to another address, which is where I put my blackberry.net address to get email on the BB. It's not perfect, since I have to manage and clean-up the BB email apart from the corporate email client, but it works well for what I need.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by esjones View Post
    My work email is Sun Communications Express. It has an option to do an auto-forward of all incoming messages to another address, which is where I put my blackberry.net address to get email on the BB. It's not perfect, since I have to manage and clean-up the BB email apart from the corporate email client, but it works well for what I need.
    Do you access this e-mail through Outlook as well? If so, do you know if you can access it via the web (Outlook Web Access)?

Unfortunately, your device uses the default e-mail address when responding to these requests, and it sounds like your BlackBerry e-mail address is your default address.

If you can't use the OWA option above and set that up in your BIS, then you might want to consider creating a Gmail account, changing the auto-forward to the Gmail account and set that Gmail account up in the BIS. Then, when you receive the meeting requests, your default will be the Gmail account and that's where the replies will come from.

Hope this makes sense!

Roger

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    im going to have to agree with roger that's the best and easiest way to configure work email NOT on a BES server.