Results 1 to 7 of 7

Hello, Trying to figure out how to receive emails instantly on my blackberry. I understand ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

  1. #1
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Blackberry "push" email set up via forwarding

    Advertisement



    Hello,
    Trying to figure out how to receive emails instantly on my blackberry. I understand that emails sent to my username@tmo.blackberry.net emails are pushed instantly and that external emails set up in BIS are retrieved with an interval of around 15 minutes according to "official" sources.

    In my BIS i have two emails set up: one is the blackberry email username@tmo.blackberry.net and another one is my external account username@domain.com that retrieves email via POP. I've set up forwarding from my external account to my blackberry account and naturally emails arrive instantly as soon as they are sent.

    Question: How do I reply to those emails so that the "send using" address is my external account and not username@tmo.blackberry.net where the emails were forwarded to. The default compose new email is set up to use the external account.

    Is this even possible to do?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: Blackberry "push" email set up via forwarding

    To set the reply to address go into the BIS account from either the phone( set up internet email) or the carriers website( ie Mytmobile.com. etc.) find the email account and edit then set the reply to address. Do it on both and you won't have to worry.

  3. #3
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: Blackberry "push" email set up via forwarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    To set the reply to address go into the BIS account from either the phone( set up internet email) or the carriers website( ie Mytmobile.com. etc.) find the email account and edit then set the reply to address. Do it on both and you won't have to worry.
    Thanks. If I do that, and then reply to an email that was sent/forwarded to my BB email, the reply-to address with be different, but the email itself will still be sent via BB address/account. Is that correct?

    I am interested if it's possible to reply via a different account than an original email was sent to.

  4. #4
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: Blackberry "push" email set up via forwarding

    Quote Originally Posted by natan
    Thanks. If I do that, and then reply to an email that was sent/forwarded to my BB email, the reply-to address with be different, but the email itself will still be sent via BB address/account. Is that correct?

    I am interested if it's possible to reply via a different account than an original email was sent to.
    you can set it up any way you want. For instance my default email account i send from on the BB is the tmo.blackberry.net address but i have it set up to reply to my gmail account. so when someone gets the email they reply to my gmail account.

  5. #5
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: Blackberry "push" email set up via forwarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    you can set it up any way you want. For instance my default email account i send from on the BB is the tmo.blackberry.net address but i have it set up to reply to my gmail account. so when someone gets the email they reply to my gmail account.
    Thank you for clarifying. However, sending out via my BB address is the exactly the thing I am trying to avoide. I don't want the address showing up anywhere. I want receive emails on it but reply via a different email/account. Does that make sense?

    Simular to what is possible in any desktop email client when you have multiple accounts in your outlook and you can reply to any email using any account.
    Last edited by natan; 10-06-2007 at 03:30 PM.

  6. #6
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: Blackberry "push" email set up via forwarding

    Go into menu, options, advanced options, messaging services. The mailbox that is set there is the default outgoing email account. So if i understand your post corrrectly set the external email account there and then the outgoing emails will be sent from that account, and you have the mail forwarded to the tmo.bb.net email on the external email account ,as per realtime push.

  7. #7
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: Blackberry "push" email set up via forwarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Go into menu, options, advanced options, messaging services. The mailbox that is set there is the default outgoing email account. So if i understand your post corrrectly set the external email account there and then the outgoing emails will be sent from that account, and you have the mail forwarded to the tmo.bb.net email on the external email account ,as per realtime push.
    Thank you for your input. I decided to go with the following. I've setup up my external email to forward to my BB address. The on my BB address I have modified the reply-to address for the default BB email to my external email. Now whenever I sent emails, it goes out as if I sent it from my external mail event though the email is sent through the BB account. This way BB email address is not visible anywhere.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •