Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So how many of you actually use this, and for what do you use it ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

Blackberry Messenger

Advertisement

So how many of you actually use this, and for what do you use it for?

I mean, I know a limited number of people with Blackberrys, but I probably know more than 10-15, I just don't have BBM friends.

Everyone else seems like they love it, while I love it, I don't seem to have much use for it?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I really dig it because you can meet a lot of new people that are from other places.
    I mean I talk to people in Europe, Canada, ALL OVER THE USA, coast to coast, literally, and everywhere in between.

I just think it's kinda cool to be able to communicate with a bunch of different people, all over, that share a similar thinking as you.

of course you'll meet people who don't and you delete them from your list and no more worries!

I don't know it's like having an instant pin pal. One who you can communicate a msg to in mere seconds!
    haha

did you ever get into IRC chat rooms back in the early to mid 90's?

like that only cooler cus it's a BB!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    I love it. Keeps me busy in meetings. I love to PING my colleagues who doze off during meetings, shocking them as their devices buzz.

But the real reason I love the BB Messenger is being able to communicate real time with people all over the place.
    I have most of my family on blackberry and this is how we communicate most of the time. It is especially useful since we are in 3 diff continents at the moment. It is a cheap and effective way to communicate in our case. We trade pics and voice notes which are all covered by the data plan thus keeping costs low.

Ever since I started using blackberries, I have convinced all my friends to switch the blackberry. We therefore use the BB Messenger a lot to keep in touch and plan important stuff like which bar are we going to drink at on a Friday night

jmstr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used BB messenger briefly during the last Super Bowl and it was fun for a short time but have not used it since. I currently use Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger for BB mostly. Between those, I see no need for BB Messenger.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i use bbm more than any of the IM apps. i guess mostly bc im at a PC most of the time, so i have the IM apps open then (or closed, since they are such a HUGE distraction )

i started off with all my bbm contacts being from here...but have since added my husband, a few friends, my sister and her husband.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't have that many people on my BBM but I definitely love it. Its a great app to have. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm actually really curious too. I had one friend with a BB and he got rid of his when he moved to Korea. Therefore, no more friends on BBs.

I guess I need to be a little more outgoing and start sending random people PIN messages...

I do use the AOL client though. A lot!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    dont forget that since you messages stay on bis and/or bes, all messages are fully encrypted

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I use it all day until I fall asleep LOL I meet people from all different countries, all different ages (youngest person I've talked to was 16...don't get any bad ideas). I had to pin everyone on my list because, in the process of trying to help out another stacker, all my contacts went to the Pending PIN Updates list.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-21-2008 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmstr View Post
    I used BB messenger briefly during the last Super Bowl and it was fun for a short time but have not used it since. I currently use Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger for BB mostly. Between those, I see no need for BB Messenger.
    LOL send me a message on there and you'll use it alot

brittanyghs08 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey there. 20/f/lesbian.
    looking to make new blackberry messenger friends.
    no pervs please lol
    PIN: 30E89896

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I really dig it because you can meet a lot of new people that are from other places.
    I mean I talk to people in Europe, Canada, ALL OVER THE USA, coast to coast, literally, and everywhere in between.

I just think it's kinda cool to be able to communicate with a bunch of different people, all over, that share a similar thinking as you.

of course you'll meet people who don't and you delete them from your list and no more worries!

I don't know it's like having an instant pin pal. One who you can communicate a msg to in mere seconds!
    haha

did you ever get into IRC chat rooms back in the early to mid 90's?

like that only cooler cus it's a BB!!
    BBM is a great way to connect as lucifer has stated but its also a good tool as earlier this week lucifer walked my bro through the bb set up process start to finish. Thanks again lucifer. The more people you have with different interest the more you learn about your bb and about people in general. Its instant and full of features.

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I use my bbm every day and chat to people in different parts of the US. I am from the UK. The only hang up is the time difference but usually work around it.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Join a bbm group ....that's all it takes!!

I use mine daily but have WAY more contacts than I actually chat with on a daily basis. I MAY start deleting people I don't chat with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast