Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great place to start: BlackBerry Internet Service support page . The BlackBerry Internet Service is ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

BlackBerry Internet Service

Advertisement

Great place to start: BlackBerry Internet Service support page.

The BlackBerry Internet Service is a component of the BlackBerry Internet Solution™, which allows you to integrate your BlackBerry device with up to 10 supported business or personal email accounts, and browse web content while on the go. You get "push" delivery of messages, mobile access to email attachments and images in popular formats, as well as convenient access to HTML and WAP pages. Benefit from BlackBerry Wireless Email

New BlackBerry Internet Service Email Address

When you become a BlackBerry Internet Service subscriber, you will receive your own BlackBerry email account (for example, yourname@carrier.blackberry.net). This is the default address for your BlackBerry device, from which you can send and receive emails wirelessly.
    Manage Up to 10 Supported Email Accounts From One Location

Stay on top of your email, even when you're away from your desk by conveniently accessing up to 10 supported email accounts from your BlackBerry device.
    Take the Web with You

BlackBerry Internet Service puts the Web in your pocket.
    • Surf HTML content
    • Bookmark your favourite web pages
    • Find the information you need using search engines
    • Enjoy a familiar browsing experience with support for full color images and JavaScript
    BlackBerry Internet Service Instant Messaging

Use Yahoo!® Messenger on a BlackBerry device to stay in touch with your contacts while connected to the wireless network. Enjoy many features familiar to you in the desktop version of Yahoo! Messenger, including contact list management, contact presence, notifications and emoticons.
    System Requirements

The BlackBerry Internet Service website (formerly referred to as BlackBerry Web Client) is a web interface, which allows you to access your BlackBerry Internet Service account on an Internet-enabled PC to configure email filters and other BlackBerry settings. The following components are required to allow you to log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service website:
    • Internet-enabled PC
    • Internet Browser: Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 5.01, 5.5, or 6.0 or Netscape® Communicator version 4.08 to 4.58 with JavaScript enabled. Note: Netscape Communicator version 6 (and higher) is not supported
    • Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 98, Windows NT (version 4), Windows 2000, Windows XP or Mac® OS® 9.0 or 10.0
    To find your BlackBerry Internet Service website URL, please see the documentation that came with your device, or check our BlackBerry Internet Service support page.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BlackBerry Internet Service

When creating a new BlackBerry Internet Service account using BlackBerry Internet Service version 2.0, you receive the following error:

The User ID you provided has already been taken. Please select another.

A user ID is required for BlackBerry Internet Service users and carrier administrators to manage and implement BlackBerry Internet Service services. User ID validations may differ depending on the version of BlackBerry Internet Service, and if you are using a BlackBerry Connect device.

Three scenarios for user ID validations are described in this article:

1. New BlackBerry Internet Service account for BlackBerry device users.
    2. New BlackBerry Internet Service account for BlackBerry Connect device users.
    3. Migration from BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8 to BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0.

1. New BlackBerry Internet Service account for BlackBerry device users

When a new BlackBerry Internet Service version 2.0 account is created, the user ID is validated against all global BlackBerry Internet Service sites, to verify if the user name is in use. If the same user name exists, you must select another user name to create the BlackBerry Internet Service account.

2. New BlackBerry Internet Service account for BlackBerry Connect device users

BlackBerry device users who create new BlackBerry Internet Service accounts are always added to BlackBerry Internet Service version 2.0. However, some BlackBerry Connect device users continue to be added to BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8.

To avoid duplication of user IDs in this scenario, BlackBerry Connect device users with a BlackBerry Internet Service account with a European or Asia-Pacific service provider must have a user ID that corresponds to the user name in the BlackBerry Internet Service email address.

For example, an individual with the user ID userid1 must be assigned the email address userid1@domain.com.

3. Migration from BlackBerry Internet Service version 1.8 to BlackBerry Internet Service version 2.0

If you are migrating from BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8 to BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0, the BlackBerry Internet Service user ID is not validated against all global BlackBerry Internet Service sites.

However, the user ID must be unique within the site and region. For example, the same user ID cannot be used for more than one account from the same service provider. This requirement existed for BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah when I got my blackberry back I couldn't use my old user id anymore I had to create a new one. Good information Hydn. Thanks!

ogi
    ogi no está en línea Stack level 1

Ehm.... one stupid question, if I forgot my username what can I do?
    I have contacted my provider, they say I have to know my username if they are to help me but it's a catch 22. I have my password coz I always write them down, also have my PIN and EMEI number.... any advice? (ogi @ mi.is)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi ogi, have you tried to go into options, advanced, messages, and then see what address is there. That should be the username, but not necessarily. Good luck.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ogi, Open a an email sent to BIS address and scroll to your name and open the Menu and select Show Address. Oh, and welcome to PinStack.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

lowkey no está en línea Stack level 1
    and if the user () has forgotten all those user/pwd/pin details? when i type the email account its receiving in as the username it says its unknown.

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

After signing-up for the Unlimited BB Plan, is it true that you have a waiting period before you can set-up a your BB Internet E-mail account? If so, for how long? I signed-up four days ago. I called T-Mobile after the third day and after they had verified/confirmed that my account/phone were set-up correctly, they said it could take-up to 72 hours to be able set-up my BB Internet E-mail account. Alas, I am on my fourth day, hoping for the best

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

"We have lift off!"
    I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and they took care of me! It turns out that the phone was already assigned to another user (I purchased my BB used). The Customer Care Rep. simply released the previous user from the phone and I was able to set-up my BIS E-mail account! Yeah!

dbs4ever no está en línea Stack level 1

hi stackers,
    has anyone tried to access a mail server for instance on an intranet using a blackberry device. if any please write to me susan@digitalsolutionsea.com. the device is configured on BIS.
    thx

Steve1965 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all, I lost my browser icon from the front screen. I've selected "show all" but I can't find it? Any clues? I'm trying to call T-Mobile in the UK but they are taking ages to answer their phone!
    Thank You. Steve.

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D

Question Re: BlackBerry Internet Service

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    ogi, Open a an email sent to BIS address and scroll to your name and open the Menu and select Show Address. Oh, and welcome to PinStack.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    I have been a dufus and either forgot or never knew my user name for my BIS account. I know my password because I had it sent to my PIN. I tried sending an email as described above, but when I click 'show address' nothing happens because it is already showing my address: '[myname]@att.blackberry.net. I thought I was becoming BB savvy, but I'm lost... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You BIS account user name should be [myname] then.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    20C8618D

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    You BIS account user name should be [myname] then.

Rcbjr.
    I apologize. I should have been more clear. I've tried [myname] with the password that was sent to me. I've tried [myname]@att.blackberry.net, @mycingular.blackberry.net, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com also. I also tried calling my service provider, but after 27 minutes on hold, I gave up. I plan on trying to call them again today if I can find an hour to sacrifice to the cause. Any other suggests would still be greatly appreciated...

PIN/ID
    20C8618D

Smile Re: BlackBerry Internet Service

Quote Originally Posted by backdraft999 View Post
    I apologize. I should have been more clear. I've tried [myname] with the password that was sent to me. I've tried [myname]@att.blackberry.net, @mycingular.blackberry.net, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com also. I also tried calling my service provider, but after 27 minutes on hold, I gave up. I plan on trying to call them again today if I can find an hour to sacrifice to the cause. Any other suggests would still be greatly appreciated...
    Stop the presses! I am able to log in now. I don't know what happened. Originally I followed a link to the BIS login site from a thread and I was unable to login using what should have been my user name. However, this afternoon I googled "blackberry internet service homepage" and found the one for AT&T. I entered my info here just like I had been doing last night and it worked. I'm not sure what happened, unless the link I followed from the forums was not to AT&T. I'm not sure if it even matters what carrier one is using when loggin in to the BIS page, but apparently it matters for me... haha... story of my life! Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for such an awesome website. Pinstack Rocks! I don't know where I'd be without it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast