Results 1 to 10 of 10

Hi all. I use the Gmail app to send and receive email, however many programs ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

  1. #1
    kasl33's Avatar
    kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    44

    Question Blackberry Email - Want to send only, not receive

    Advertisement



    Hi all. I use the Gmail app to send and receive email, however many programs on the blackberry require me to set up my Blackberry email service to send emails from them (so far that I know of unless anyone knows how to make it use gmail to do so).

    I am trying to figure out how to set up blackberry email to where I can send email with it, but where it does not check email.

    Any ideas?
    Kris

  2. #2
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818
    You can turn off wireless reconciliation.

    This is what causes your BB to automatically check and sync emails.

    Once you turn it off, you'd have to do it manually should you want to sync. Or never do it to never receive emails to your BB.

    You can still send emails though, and all that would be saved on your BB is the emails sent from it.

    You can find that option at:

    Messages>Menu>Options>Email Reconciliation>Wireless reconcile
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

  3. #3
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    You can turn off wireless reconciliation.

    This is what causes your BB to automatically check and sync emails.

    Once you turn it off, you'd have to do it manually should you want to sync. Or never do it to never receive emails to your BB.

    You can still send emails though, and all that would be saved on your BB is the emails sent from it.

    You can find that option at:

    Messages>Menu>Options>Email Reconciliation>Wireless reconcile
    I'm not sure if this is what the guy is looking for. All this does is sync your emails. He will still receive them.

    I'm just confused by the question. You're using the Gmail app, is there a reason why you're using it? Why not just use your native blackberry email? If you set up your BB email it will always be pushed down to you. That's half the reason everyone loves BBs.

  4. #4
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what the guy is looking for. All this does is sync your emails. He will still receive them.

    I'm just confused by the question. You're using the Gmail app, is there a reason why you're using it? Why not just use your native blackberry email? If you set up your BB email it will always be pushed down to you. That's half the reason everyone loves BBs.
    You sir...are correct lol. Just tried it out didn't work.

    If you are using Gmail app...you don't receive emails to your BB anyway right? You see them through the app online.

    Now I'm confused...
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

  5. #5
    DCookSta's Avatar
    DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Posts
    2,331
    Yes, the app just connects you to the gmail system. Messages go in and out of that program. Messages are delivered to the account and app, but not the built in email program.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #6
    beejreit's Avatar
    beejreit no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    35
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I use gmail to check older email's that I keep online but delete off my blackberry to save space.

    I think I know what he's trying to do. I asked about this a month ago. Basically I havr a lot of accounts that gmail checks. I want to be able to reply with the right account but I don't want two copies sent to my blackberry. unfortunately the helpful stackers and I could not find a solution.

  7. #7
    kasl33's Avatar
    kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    44
    I like the gmail app because it lets me archive email which is always synced and equal when I go online on my laptop. Otherwise, I would just use the blackberry email program.

  8. #8
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    I like the gmail app because it lets me archive email which is always synced and equal when I go online on my laptop. Otherwise, I would just use the blackberry email program.
    Ok, I understand. Yeah, there is yet to be a complete reconciliation and sync between the BB and Gmail. I have multiple accounts and they all filter into one Gmail account. I have created filters and labels so everything goes where it needs to go.

    Its quite a bit of setup but once set you never have to deal with anything other than creating a new filter or label every now and again. One issue I do have with it is that they never get marked as read when reading from the BB. Although that just takes a couple of seconds.

    So I guess there isn't an app that will let you just send. Sorry.

  9. #9
    kasl33's Avatar
    kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    44
    Another solution that would make me happy is if the BB programs could use the Gmail app as the default client to compose mail. Also if the Gmail incoming mail could be displayed on the "today" screen.

  10. #10
    beejreit's Avatar
    beejreit no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    35
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    That would be sweet. While we're at it just have gmail do html email too! Since I know I won't be getting 4.5 on my 8130 any time soon...

    I would really like it if the gmail app would recognize the accounts linked to the full gmail and let you use that. That would be the easiest solution in my own opinion.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •