It appears that my blackberry curve is automatically adding meeting requests to my calendar whether ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Email Meeting Invites to Calendar

Advertisement

It appears that my blackberry curve is automatically adding meeting requests to my calendar whether I accept them or not. Essentially, a contact send a meeting request and even if I do not respond, it is automatically added to the calendar.

My problem arises when I use the google calendar sync to sync with my main calendar (google) because now Outlook adds one event, and the blackberry has automatically added on event.

I know it boils down to reconciliation, but I am wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I'm just not seeing to disable the blackberry from automatically adding meeting invites to the calendar?

bigbrother8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i'm also curious about this issue...

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3
    Me too!
    Check out this thread, post #8

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here's what I do:

- setup email address I use with Outlook and BB where all meeting invites are sent to.
    - when I receive an invite on my BB I delete it on the handheld only leaving it on the mail server
    - using Outlook I then accept/decline the meeting
    - sync my BB with Outlook

.... works for me

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    If you notice, it adds it as tentative until you accept the invite. If you then choose to decline it, it removes it from the calendar. The reason it does that is so it can check for appointment conflicts. So it's not really there, it's kind of a place holder until you decide what you are going to do with the invite.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    If you notice, it adds it as tentative until you accept the invite. If you then choose to decline it, it removes it from the calendar. The reason it does that is so it can check for appointment conflicts. So it's not really there, it's kind of a place holder until you decide what you are going to do with the invite.
    He is correct and to add to this if you simply delete the meeting request email it will disappear from the calendar as well

I'm using BIS. When I look at some invitations from Lotus Notes, they are already accepted into my BB calendar. Only some Notes users do this. Some Notes invitations, all Outlook invitations and all BB invitations wait for me to respond before showing up in my cal.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    do you have multiple email account setup on your device or just one?

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    do you have multiple email account setup on your device or just one?
    Multiple, why?

mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just wish there was a setting on the blackberry to disable this functionality. I can understand why it might be desirable for SOME to have the events automatically added as tentative to the blackberry calendar, but it definitely isn't convenient or desired by everyone.

Still now luck finding a way to disable this functionality thus far...

racker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrefy View Post
    It appears that my blackberry curve is automatically adding meeting requests to my calendar whether I accept them or not. Essentially, a contact send a meeting request and even if I do not respond, it is automatically added to the calendar.

My problem arises when I use the google calendar sync to sync with my main calendar (google) because now Outlook adds one event, and the blackberry has automatically added on event.

I know it boils down to reconciliation, but I am wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I'm just not seeing to disable the blackberry from automatically adding meeting invites to the calendar?

Here is what i do but i use gmail and google sync (not outlook) so take it for what it is.

1) disable pc email from automatically adding new event invitations to the PC calendar
    2) try to primarily use the BB to accept or decline the event invites as they arrive. if you accept from PC client then you will have duplicates
    3) use google sync to pair up BB and gmail (or in your case outlook) so the BB calendar will be feeding the PC calendar

this will eliminate duplicates- but i agree its not a perfect system. Maybe Google will update Google Sync to be smart enough to understand that an event on the PC client and the BB are in fact the same and just merge the details.

also as an FYI with Google sync - if you set up your setting's like i did above and receive an invite but don't accept, BlackBerry will place the event into your BB calendar as "tentative" but when Google Sync sends it through the cloud and down to your client (gmail or other) it will show as "accepted"
    Last edited by racker; 09-01-2009 at 03:24 AM.