Hello, I have bought a BB8310 with BES but I need BIS ! Can I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ourasie no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry8310 BES

Advertisement

Hello, I have bought a BB8310 with BES but I need BIS !
    Can I switch this? What can I do? Please help me ...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack, ourasie!

Can you please clarify your issue a little? Have you gotten a phone through your employer and are on their BES system?

Thanks,
    Roger

Hello Roger,

No,I buy that BB8310 on Ebay,I thought it was BIS but it doesn't.I can do nothing with BES...

I guess I'm confused. How do you know it is BES?

At any rate, who is your provider? There is no reason you should not be able to push e-mails to your device through your provider's BIS service. Have you tried setting up a BIS account?

Here's a link to the RIM site with detailed instructions on how to set up your e-mail accounts as well as links to each provider's BIS site.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...#tab_tab_email

I am from Belgium,my provider is PROXIMUS,on the screen there is only setting up a BES account.On the setup wizard-device setup-email setup you can only choose between"I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server" or "I want to skip email setup"What must I do to set up a BIS account?
    Thanks,
    ourasie

Okay, let's try this. Create an account using the link below:

http://www.proximus.blackberry.com/

You will need to enter your PIN and IMEI numbers on the site, which you can find in Options>Status.

Post back if you need more help once you get into the site and get your e-mail accounts set up.

ourasie,

Here's a link that provides detailed instructions for setting up your e-mail accounts in the BIS:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...878#post771878

It's really pretty simple, but use those instructions in case you have any doubts and post back here with any questions.

Sounds like the previous owner of the device was a BES user and I'm not sure if that will cause any issues with the BIS setup, but I'm pretty sure those two can run concurrently. Otherwise, another Stacker more knowledgable with BES will have to chime in with some advice.

Keep us posted!

Roger

I tried the site from proximus but by enter the pin and imei number,this comes to the screen of my pc: This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider.

Is there any way to contact the seller on eBay to have them delete their account information? The device is still registered to the seller's account and they need to get their provider to release it.