Since my computer at home is always on anyway, I am thinking of setting up ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jagooch no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS versus Redirector

Advertisement

Since my computer at home is always on anyway, I am thinking of setting up redirector. However, I do not have an Exchange server, just MS Outlook with is set up for Gmail.

My Question is how well redirector replicates the functionality of BES. So, can I file messages on my BB and have them also filed on my PC? Will sent items from either show in the sent items folder of both the PC and BB?

I've been trying out BIS ever since I shut down my BES and Exchange server ( needed to get rid of that system ) last Sunday, and I am not sure I can deal with not being able to file messages like when I had the previous setup. I am just looking for any gotchas involved with redirector.

Thank You,

JohnG

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BIS versus Redirector

if you use BIS and still want your emails in your outlook at home, then you'll have to setup outlook to "not pull emails off email server". So any email you receive will go to your BB and to your outlook. however, if you delete it from your BB or outlook, it will not delete from both.

If you want to keep both places sync'd, then your easiest option (IMO) is to use the redirector. It will also put any emails that you send from your BB , in your sent items in Outlook. The redirector works pretty well, but you will NEED to keep it running at home (as you already know).

hope that helps.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

I installed redirector yesterday, and it is still working fine today. But I noticed that I do not have email folder synchonization, and also items that I delete on my BB are not deleted on my desktop. Unless I am missing something, it looks like I would have to get BES up and running again in order to be able to file items into a folder on the BB and have that change reflected on my desktop computer?

WATSON no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried out Redirector when I first got my Pearl, so my recollection may be a little bit hazy. I seem to remember that Redirector will not provide wireless folder access or filing of messages. I think it will file messages when you do a sync through USB. Someone else please post to correct me or confirm this.

I also seem to remember that Redirector will not replicated the other wireless sync features of BES. So, it won't wirelessly sync your calendar, tasks and contacts. Again, someone please post to confirm.

Yeah, I went ahead and dumped redirector for BES/Exchange combo. It took a while to get working, especially the POP3 connector w/SSL, but it was worth the effort.