I have 4 email accounts that BIS delivers to my Blackberry 8830 (Verizon is my ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

DerekTheGeek no está en línea Stack level 2

Question BIS unable to access email account - sporadic

Advertisement

I have 4 email accounts that BIS delivers to my Blackberry 8830 (Verizon is my carrier). About one week into using my Blackberry without any issues I get the following message on my device.

"This email account is no longer accessible by your Blackberry device. This issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account.
    To resume receiving email from this address, login tgo your BlackBerry Internet Servic e account and verify the password is correct for this email account."

The strange thing is I did not change anything on the account and I am able to access my email via my desktop email client without issue. I went to the BIS account screen and one of my email accounts had a red "X" next to it indicating BIS could not access my account. I clicked once on the account and it connected and got rid of the "X". So it looks like BIS had an issue connecting to my account and then disabled checking of that account. The weird thing is, I didn't change any settings.

This has happened twice now.

Does this happen frequently with BIS? If so, I need to reconsider a Blackberry. Thanks.

- dtg

eagle0877 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BIS unable to access email account - sporadic

This can happen if your mail server goes down frequently. An example is if your mail server backs up every night

How often does BIS poll?

Does anyone know how often BIS polls your email accounts for new mail?

- dtg

BIS Unstable

This happened to me again this weekend. Two of my four email accounts were listed as "unable to access". Nothing changed on the accounts. How often does the BIS attempt to check an account before it disables checking on that account?

- dtg

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How often does BIS poll?

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGeek
    Does anyone know how often BIS polls your email accounts for new mail?

- dtg
    The normal polling is approx. 15 minutes. If the BIS cannot connect to the email server on 2 consecutive polls (30 minutes) you will get the error notice mentioned above.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: How often does BIS poll?

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss
    The normal polling is approx. 15 minutes. If the BIS cannot connect to the email server on 2 consecutive polls (30 minutes) you will get the error notice mentioned above.
    Yup and it is also an issue that RIM is working on now. Email accounts invalidate sporadically and you need to revalidate them and resend service books. Been going on for a month or so now.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Re: BIS unable to access email account - sporadic

This has been happening to me for about a year -- say every couple of months. Revalidating usually works -- except once, when the problem was weird: apparently the server was reachable but it made it look like many emails had viruses or something. The result was that I was receiving pushed email all right but I was unable to send any; I would always get the dreaded red X. RIM was puzzled, but the anomaly "timed out" and disappeared overnight, so they never got to find out what it was.

It would seem the #1 advice, for anything Blackberry, is "pull the battery" -- and #2 is "wait a few hours"! These two between them have resolved every BB issue I've ever had