I hope this is in the right section. A client of mine has a BB ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

BIS - sending issues

Advertisement

I hope this is in the right section.

A client of mine has a BB through tmo and has a bb email address (user@tmo.blackberry.net). She's got all her exchange emails forwarding a copy to her BB. This is working flawlessly. She can send AND receive emails with no problems except when she attempts to send an email to a user that is in her local exchange network. I dont even see the email reaching the queue in the exchange server.

The exch server is a Windows 2003 server. In AD, there is a user setup with her name and in it has her tmo BB email address and that is where exchange knows where to forward her emails to. Again, that is working. She can send and receive emails to and from people who are outside her domain but whenever she attempts to send an email to someone within her domain, it wont go through.

There is no SPAM or AV filter on the server, so that's not an option. I'm stumped and looking for some assistance.

Thanks, in advance.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BIS - sending issues

Quote Originally Posted by nyydynasty
    I hope this is in the right section.

A client of mine has a BB through tmo and has a bb email address (user@tmo.blackberry.net). She's got all her exchange emails forwarding a copy to her BB. This is working flawlessly. She can send AND receive emails with no problems except when she attempts to send an email to a user that is in her local exchange network. I dont even see the email reaching the queue in the exchange server.

The exch server is a Windows 2003 server. In AD, there is a user setup with her name and in it has her tmo BB email address and that is where exchange knows where to forward her emails to. Again, that is working. She can send and receive emails to and from people who are outside her domain but whenever she attempts to send an email to someone within her domain, it wont go through.

There is no SPAM or AV filter on the server, so that's not an option. I'm stumped and looking for some assistance.

Thanks, in advance.
    What error does she get when sending? It sounds like the exchange server is blocking emails that have the internal domain sent from outside the network. BIS uses a bis.na. address. Check w/your IT person.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Its been quite a few years since I looked at something like this but back then the user had to type/paste in the full Internet address, just like an external address, to get it to work.

Hope this helps...

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss
    What error does she get when sending? It sounds like the exchange server is blocking emails that have the internal domain sent from outside the network. BIS uses a bis.na. address. Check w/your IT person.
    she doesnt get any error nor does she get any emails bounced back. It simply doesnt reach the recipient. Her BB shows that the email was sent (shows the checkmark) and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Its been quite a few years since I looked at something like this but back then the user had to type/paste in the full Internet address, just like an external address, to get it to work.

Hope this helps...
    Thanks for the advice but she has typed the full address. Thats actually the first thing she tried.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to play with it a little.

Thanks guys...
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....