Work with me here. We run Goldmine primarily, however we use an exchange server to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jgold47 no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS, OWA, Goldmine and Losing my emails help

Advertisement

Work with me here. We run Goldmine primarily, however we use an exchange server to allow external access to our email. E-Mail hits OWA/Exchange, then sits there untill Goldmine runs and downloads it off the email server. However, I am using BIS to hit the OWA/Exchange with no problems, except that when Goldmine opens, it takes everything off the exchange server, and then everything on my blackberry with it. Is there a way to set this one way only, so that no matter what happens with the goldmine/outlook/exchange mail, it leaves the copy on my blackberry?

Thanks

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BIS, OWA, Goldmine and Losing my emails help

To clarify: Goldmine is downloading messages from your Exchange server, and after the download deletes them? You want every message that is pushed to your BlackBerry to stay there, even when the original message is removed from the Exchange server?

The BlackBerry is designed to keep its mailbox synchronized with the contents on the server, so I see two possibilities:
    1) Reconfigure Goldmine to leave the messages in your Exchange mailbox. I am not familiar with Goldmine, so I don't know if it is possible, or how to do it.
    2) Create yourself a BlackBerry specific account on your Exchange server that is read by your BlackBerry. Have all of the messages recieved by your original account copied to your BlackBerry account, and configure the Exchange server to rewrite outbound addresses from your BlackBerry account to your ordinary account.

The second solution isn't very elegant, but it should be fairly seamless if you can't reconfigure Goldmine.

Just some thoughts.