Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi There, I have recently purchased 3 8100 Pearls(online auctions) for me and my family, ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

JGRBBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS Issues, Pin/IMEI already Registered.

Advertisement

Hi There,

I have recently purchased 3 8100 Pearls(online auctions) for me and my family, they all appear to have been registered to BIS prior to my purchase and I cannot log on to any of them. I require the sevice books to be sent to 2 of them as they have no browser or mms connectivity. My carrier wont help, they referred me to T-Mobile UK but the blackberries don't seem to be registered through them either. I am not getting any info out of the previous owners either.

Who can I contact to have the pins cleared from the databases?

Please help!!

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    First off welcome to the stacks.... we could really some more info about you... service provider, plan details, and what you have tried...

when you say you cant log into to them do you mean into the phone or the browser or what?

hope to here back from a soon.... once again welcome to your 24hour support line

Thanks for the welcome,

Sorry about the lack of info, Carrier is Vodafone NZ, and I can't create any blackberry service account online due to the pins being registered elsewhere.

2 of my phones are also missing the browser icons and the service books.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    did you reload or try installing the OS for your carrier on there?

tried wiping the device?

anything like that?

yes i have tried those options. I just dont seem to get the service books sent to my phone, so I am now trying to register the phones in blackberry Internet services, but the pins/imei numbers are already registered elsewhere..
    Last edited by JGRBBerry; 03-30-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typing error

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go in to options>security options>general settings and look to see if there is an IT Policy name.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the only issue is they are saying they are already registered then you do not have to wipe anything. Call your carrier and tell them to delete the current BIS accounts the devices are registered to. They will ask for your imei and esn number for verification and then they will delete the current registration so you can now register.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Once the above is accomplished and you create your BIS accounts you can send current/new service books.

For the browser issue. When in the icon screen click the application button and make sure the browser is not just hidden.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    putting them back on ebay if what he says doesnt work....haha. its got to be a carrier problem... i dont think it is something that you can fix, sorry. fight with with.... invite them to a death match... haha

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    As i stated before I would strongly suggest checking for an IT Policy on the device also. He is saying that it will not receive service books which can be caused by IT Policy.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    i though he said he didnt have a problem there.... my bad.... i would have thought he see like a "you cant do that" message he would have reported about. maybe if he calls RIM they might be able to do an override of some sort... i dont know... i am not a BES Expert.

Good luck to you man!

Thanks guys,

1st off, I cannot locate anything that mentions IT policy in the security menu.

Secondly, the devices have been registered under a different carrier to mine in another country prior to me receiving the phones. my carrier has reffered me T-Mobile UK but they are not registered through them either so I can't get any carrier to delete the BIS accounts until I locate who they are registered with.

From what i've gathered I need them zeroed out at RIM.

Any Ideas anyone! I really would prefer not to put them on ebay at this stage.

Thanks for the help so far.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    have you called RIM yet to see what they can do for ya?

Current situation update. One phones going up for auction again. Inserted a prepay service sim card in one and it has miraculously received service books and is running the browser now. the other one i have is not working and trying the sim card swap has not fixed it.

All im really after at this stage is to get the service books.

I may have to contact rim for this final phone though.

Cheers

That's garbage they sold you a pay as you go phone and didn't tell you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast