Hello all, I just set up BIS to connect to our IMAP server via SSL. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

bbatsell no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS + IMAP delays

Hello all,

I just set up BIS to connect to our IMAP server via SSL. It works okay, but the speed of receiving e-mails on the BlackBerry is very slow at the moment. There is about a 10 minute delay between the time the e-mail is received by a client connected to our IMAP server and the time it is received on the BlackBerry. Do the BIS servers only connect to external mail servers once every X minutes? Is there any way around this? It seems to me to pretty much defeat the purpose of push e-mail that BlackBerry is always recommended for...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I am pretty new to BB!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: BIS + IMAP delays

~via BB ( I think push is big with BES, but to get around it you could always have any email auto forwarded to you BB email.

jaydogg no está en línea Stack level 1

The BIS polls the integrated account's server every 5 to 15 minutes. There is no way to change or speed it up. Your BB email address is nearly instant, as is Enterprise Server and Desktop Redirector

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

bbatsell, Welcome to PinStack.

That is the way BIS works. It polls at a varying rate depending on how long it has been since retrieving a message. The BIS ability to add external accounts is an added feature that RIM deployed as a benefit to users. It is not intended to replace the BES or even the direct Blackberry email.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles