Ok ok ok. I just bought my first blackberry today. The 8703e from Verizon. I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

FUTURESTARS no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb BIS/Email Setup - Confused!

Advertisement

Ok ok ok. I just bought my first blackberry today. The 8703e from Verizon. I setup my @vzw.blackberry.net email address through the BIS website, and it works fine. I get almost instant delivery. I do not like the fact the emails appear in both the "messages" folder and under the icon for the email address though. What is the best way around this or how do you hide the icons?

Now my main problem is that I need my personal work email address to work the same way. It's not BES, its my own personal domain for my self owned and operated company. For discussion sake, I'll say its (brian@mydomain.com)

I tried setting up the (brian@mydomain.com) email address through BIS website, and it said it was all done successfully. Yet, I never received any of the emails on my BB. Those emails came through fine on my computer, but none showed up in the BB. Not sure what the problem is? I then tried setting up a gmail account just to test it, and I still didn't get any of those emails through to the phone either. For both of them, it showed the icon, etc , just no actual emails came through. Instead, the emails just went to the regular inbox when I checked from a PC.

I need to be able to get my (brian@mydomain.com) emails in real time, instant just like when I send myself a test email to the VZW email address. How do I achieve this?

For a device that is the "king of emailing", it has been aggrivation!

Yes this is my first BB, so I know a huge part is learning, which I have been trying to do since yesterday afternoon straight!

I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone IM me and help walk me through it? If so, my IM is (FutureStarMusic)

Otherwise, please post and help!

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: BIS/Email Setup - Confused!

I thought I posted something about this on another post you had. Am going to look for that, before I comment any further...

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    I thought I posted something about this on another post you had. Am going to look for that, before I comment any further...
    He's been asking this on every forum (Hofo, BBF, etc). Others have answered.

If I had the answer, I wouldn't be asking!!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

FUTURESTARS, Please be a little more patient. You have multiple posts asking generally about the same subject. Several people have responded with possible solutions and explainations in those threads. I suggest you start by reading the first few posts in the Useful threads at the top of the front page of this subforum.

And thank you for your patience
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I will try (again) to answer your questions.

You can hide icons as follows:
    - from the home screen, select the icon you want to hide, press-hold ALT and click the trackwheel and select Hide Icon.

For those emails not getting through on the BIS, first go into Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table, click trackwheel and select Register Now. This will ensure the network can see your BB.

Next, login to the BIS and select Service Books on the left. Then click Send Service Books. This will update the service books on your BB for each configured email address in the BIS.

Regarding instant email, the BIS only does instant-push for Yahoo and Gmail configured email address. All other POP3 and IMAP accounts are on a 15-minute polled sequence. If you want instant delivery, you should setup a rule on your work mail server to forward a copy to your xxxx@vzw.blackberry.net address.

In my case, I have an email account (like myname@bbdomain.com) that I give to those who need to instantly reach me via my BB. In the BIS i have my xxx@vzw.blackberry.net address set up with Reply-To as myname@bbdomain.com so when I reply from my BB that's the email address the replies come from. I do not configure the myname@bbdomain.com address in the BIS. I just use Outlook to manage that mailbox (keeps all incoming message in the inbox).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by whsbuss; 10-28-2006 at 02:47 PM.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: BIS/Email Setup - Confused!

whsbuss - your post is spot on! You've saved me the trouble, 'again' too. I could not find my other posts on other forums...

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    whsbuss - your post is spot on! You've saved me the trouble, 'again' too. I could not find my other posts on other forums...
    No problem. Glad I could help.

Well I'm getting my emails just fine now, but one question. It used to work where if I had outlook open, the emails wouldn't come to my BB, just to my outlook inbox. If I had outlook closed, they would come to my BB. That is exactly how I wanted it. Now I seem to be getting emails onto my BB even if Outlook is open, but not all of them. Just random ones. Any clue why?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you changed you settings for the frequency that outlook downloads email from your server? Or the setting for keeping emails on the server?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

No, but I just did now. I changed outlook to pull every 1 minute, hoping that if outlook is open, it will grab messages before the BB can get them. Think that would make sense? Then if outlook is closed, they should come to the BB.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Probably a good start.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer