My hubby has my old 7100t. He has been using it for months now, I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

BIS email default account problems

Advertisement

My hubby has my old 7100t. He has been using it for months now, I think he started back in April when I got my 8700g. As far as we know his BB has been sending out emails from his BB account with no problem (but we were not looking so it could have been going on the whole time). The 7100t has been wipped and a new OS loaded for other reasons while he has been using it.

My email has been associtiated with my handheld, chaning it via Set up Internet email shortly after I recieved my 8700g.

When he sends an email out and the system uses the default or webclient, it shows as coming from my BB email address, not his. There are no service books left on the 7100t from me. I recently deleted the email service books, had them resent, no change. I told my BIS that I was on my BB, again. Still his BB will send emails coming from my BB email account. He does not recieve emails to it, when I reply to one of these messages it comes back to me.

I have checked the settings in the Set up Internet Email account for him to make sure the send as and reply to is set correctly... and it is...

If I send myself an email on his BB to my yahoo account (which is in his address book under me) it changes from default or web client to show send as his BB address. When I email myself an email to an account not tied to my address book listing in his BB, it comes from me.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas other than reload the OS, which I am trying to avoid.....
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BIS email default account problems

this is after doing the "change the handheld associated with this account" option within BIS? If so you will have to contact carrier.

Did the change in handheld months ago. Did it again recently to make sure. was afraid of that.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I know BB reply will show an email is from an address that you choose, doesnt have to be the one you are actually sending it from. Could this be possible that BB reply is defaulting your email address? Just a thought Mel.

Never installed it on either BB. Checked Pocket Day. Nothing was set up on the 7100.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sorry Mel, Ive never seen that happen myself. Wish I could be more helpful.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You may have to have your service provider completely delete the BIS account associated with the 7100.

I have read about this sort of thing happening, but cannot recall where, and it's not happened to me.

It's just not something that is readily visible to the user, but is stuck somehow somewhere out of sight on the BIS.