Hello All, I am setting up my email accounts through BIS (Verizon Wireless) and I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

DerekTheGeek no está en línea Stack level 2

(BIS) Difference between personal and business email account?

Advertisement

Hello All,

I am setting up my email accounts through BIS (Verizon Wireless) and I am confused as to what the difference is between a personal account type and a business account type. Any ideas? Thank you.

- Derek

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Business accounts are generally set up via Microsoft exchange server & BIS is mainly internet email for example yahoo/gmail etc

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    A BIS account is for personal or business use where a person is pulling all email from a pop3, imap, or blackberry enabled account such as yahoo. It has limited functionality as far as remote management is concerned. It is designed to handle up to 10 email addresses.
    A BES is designed for a business user that will be running blackberry's enterprise server in their organization tied into their exchange server, lotus notes, etc. It provides complete remote management,security, logging, backup, and control of blackberry devices. BES requires purchase of a license for every device attached to the server and is usually managed by someone in the company's IT department.

Zo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DerekTheGeek no está en línea Stack level 2

Only talking about BIS, not BES

My original question was not the difference between BIS and BES. I am dealing specifically with BIS. During the account setup process within BIS, I was prompted to choose an account type, a personal email account or a work email account (see the attached screen shot). I am trying to find out what the difference between these account types, within BIS, is. Thanks.

- Derek

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    In that capacity, I dont think it matters. I think that is merely for seperating them when you set up more than 1.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think it asks that to determine if you are on an Exchange or Lotus Notes platform. Then if work, it will try to determine the server address and domain name. If not, it will look for the incoming and outgoing mail servers on the common mail platforms (Yahoo, Google, etc.).

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    If your going through BIS it wont look for server addresses or domain names. I think it is just for grouping and seperation.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver