Hi there new to the forum and nice to see such a wealth of info ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ross_161 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250501F9

BIS delete on server, then device

Advertisement

Hi there

new to the forum and nice to see such a wealth of info in one place. Also new to BB with a Pearl on O2 in the UK. O2 seem to know nothing about BBs so I have had to struggle my way through.

Currently using BIS with an OWA account on Exchange 2003 server, which I manage. All works fine except if I delete emails on the server via Outlook or normal OWA, the emails are not deleted on the BB. I have to go in periodically and clean them up. Works fine deleting from BB to server. Is this normal?

Question 2) I have downloaded the free single user copy of BES from BB web site and installed on my server. I have NOT got a BES plan with my provider, as they want to charge me loads for it! Will it work if I persevere or do I need to activate a BES plan on my call / data package.

Many thanks.

Ross.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: BIS delete on server, then device

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ross,
    Welcome to Pinstack!

1) one thing you can try is to do a "reconcile now" when in the message folder, click the menu key, and select this option. I'm on BES, but this may work. There is no complete wireless sync of mailboxes with BIS, so you may be out of luck.

2) You will have to get BES enabled through your provider unfortunately. Just curious, how much do they ding you for that over there across the pond?

Good luck and welcome again!

PIN/ID
    250501F9

Hi there!
    Tried the reconcile facility but no joy. Guess I will have to make do.
    Bad news on the BES though - was hoping it might just work! My provider charges £28 per month plus tax - so thats about US$60. More than I want to pay really. That's on top of the £35 I already pay for the voice call plan.
    Many thanks for your advice.
    Ross.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ross_161
    Hi there!
    Tried the reconcile facility but no joy. Guess I will have to make do.
    Bad news on the BES though - was hoping it might just work! My provider charges £28 per month plus tax - so thats about US$60. More than I want to pay really. That's on top of the £35 I already pay for the voice call plan.
    Many thanks for your advice.
    Ross.
    Ross,

There's no way round the BES charging really, unless you front up the cash O2 won't activate your sim to pass BES traffic.

With regard to the reconcile issue, it depends which version of BIS o2 are running. I'm not sure, but different versions support reconciliation to carying extents. If you can find out from o2 exactly which version it is e.g. 1.8, 2.0, 2.2 etc.. someone on here may be able to help tell you whether it supports one way or two way reconciliation.
    Miles.

PIN/ID
    250501F9

OK now I am getting confused. I have configured BIS with Mail Redirector, to work with Outlook 2003 and Exchange. I get 1 way reconciliation - but messages are delivered to my BB all the time and there is no way to turn it off.

So I tried reinstalling BB desktop with Desktop Redirector and deleting the BIS settings. But Desktop Redirector is still saying it is connected to my BES server, which I have uninstalled!

I believe I should be able to use Desktop Redirector to enable / disable redirection when I want it, with Outlook and Exchange?? How can I clear off all the settings from Redirector and make it work without BES?? Have already uninstalled / rebooted everything, deleted registry entries relating to RIM and removed the folders created in user profile.

Getting frustrated but sureley this should work...

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have Tmobile and have the exact same BIS problem with deletes not getting pushed from Exchange to the Curve. I do not know if this is an intentional way to prod us to upgrade to BES, but it is really annoying. If anyone has found a fix, please let me know as well.