We just installed a new MS Exchange 2007 server and opened up the OWA application. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Indycouse no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS connection with OWA on Exchange 07

Advertisement

We just installed a new MS Exchange 2007 server and opened up the OWA application. I tried using the BIS to connect via the OWA website and it cannot establish a connection. I have talked to 2 different BB support personnel and they don't have the technical knowledge to answer this question. I did try to install the BES Lite but it "hosed" a dll file associated with ASP.Net and we spent about 3 hours trying to find the issue and correct it. I do not want to use the BES solution since BB did say that they are not support MS Exchange 2007 at this point. Do I need to have a port opened on my firewall to allow the connection from the BIS client? I have 10 users waiting for the initial fix as their mx record has already been switched to the new server. I have another 50 users waiting on the final fix. I do not want to switch all domains and have 60 people breathing down my neck about the issues. Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sean

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: BIS connection with OWA on Exchange 07

Indycouse, Welcome to PinStack.

This sounds more like a problem with your Exchange Server that with the BIS. Can you access your OWA site from a PC? I think that would be the first step in trouble shooting your BIS connection.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Indycouse no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

OWA from any internet connected pc or windows mobile device is fully functional. I don't know if this information would be useful or not but the server is running MS 2003 Server R2 x64 and MS Exchange 2007 (64bit).

Thanks,
    Sean

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What Email address format are you using when you create the additional account on your BIS.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

leshman no está en línea Stack level 1

My office just migrated to Exchange 2007 and we are having the same issue. Whenever I try to setup the email account on Tmobile's BIS and it errors out. The error message just notes that the BIS cannot connect to the server. I can connect to the OWA from outside the network so I know that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    What Email address format are you using when you create the additional account on your BIS.

Rcbjr.
    I am using all the settings that worked with exchange 2000. username@domain for the username, the correct server address (copying and pasting the URL from IE), the correct username and password. Nothing is working.

howitzer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6E34

I had a similar problem I found that there were several small errors that prevented the connection. I deleted the account and then got to the OWA set up by entering my password incorrectly once I got there I changed the http: to https: and the following

my server address is https://mail.mycompany.com/exchange and it every time because the server was pointing to https://mail.mycompany.com/exchange/exchange
    I resolved that by dropping the exchange part in the address and added it to the server name field.

Its tricky but it will work.

after dealing with all that I went back to pop because its faster.

ccjjr59 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm having the same issue. The server was just upgraded to exchange 2007 and it seemed to work for a day or so and now it doesn't. I tried every combination of user names, mailboxes, putting the /exchange part down in the mailbox field, etc with no luck.

I saw that Blackberry has a KB article saying they don't support 2007 yet... this is bad news!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2021524686

Anyone find a work around yet? My company will not forward e-mail and they do not have a blackberry BES server.

I just got off the phone with RIM and they did say that they are working on a workaround. For now if you have BIS and want to get Exchange 2007 mail you either have to have the IT department setup a forwarding rule to another e-mail address or connect using POP or IMAP if the company has allowed that. I hope they fix this soon.

Hope this helps.

skimmilk no está en línea Stack level 1

Hasn't RIM known this would be a problem for a while? I'm quite afraid that this will drag on into next year at this rate. I wish I had an alternative. I don't trust this mail connector thing running on my 6 year old laptop.

still doesn't work after new BIS 2.4 upgrade....

stonec1 no está en línea Stack level 1

My school (university) upgrade from Exchange 2003 to 2007 just a couple of weeks ago, and I ran into this same exact problem. I myself work for a Corportate owned retail AT&T store part time and emailed a RIM contact and he he told me that i was basically SOL for the time being. He did mention the previous work-a-rounds the other forum members have offered, and said from the information he was aware of, MS wasn't going to fix the issue till SP1 is released. When that will be I have no idea.

eagle0877 no está en línea Stack level 1

Last I heard, the BIS did not support Exchange 2007.

flunkadelic no está en línea Stack level 1

Eagle is right, I don't think BIS supports 2007 exchange yet. A lot of what's in exchange 2007 is a major rewrite.

energia no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204DB852

I have previous users that were migrated from exchange server 2003 to 07 and most of them have some temporary problems, it is lately when new users are created that e mail users that are using BIS under T Mobile or Sprint BB internet service that their e mail handle is either booted off the BB client due to invalidation (Sprint) or e mail is not being received unless the e mail originates from other e mail clients or particular users on the global address book. It is a rather annoying problem as all users are deployed. I have addressed this with IT and the response is basically to upgrade all the users to mobile 5.0 or 6.0 devices so that they can have full functionality. I also contacted my BB supplier in waterloo and currently their engineering is not focused on the SW. They are concerned with hardware development.

avicenne13 no está en línea Stack level 1

I became a member just because of this link

blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02 858&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=37504389&stateId=0 %200%2037502516

just add www to the link... I suppose my level is not sufficient to post a link..

It seems that there is support for Exchange 2007? Can anyone confirm? If it works I'll be running for a 8820 first thing in the morning.