I am having trouble getting sent mails sync'd with my IMAP server. The BIS help ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jcern no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS and IMAP Server Compatibility

Advertisement

I am having trouble getting sent mails sync'd with my IMAP server. The BIS help section (referenced below) seems to suggest it would happen automatically:

If you have a Microsoft® Exchange or IBM® Lotus® Domino® work email account, an IMAP personal email account, or an MSN® Hotmail® email account, email messages that you send from your device are copied to the sent items folder in your email account.

The problem is that this does not seem to work for me out of the box. I have AT&T/Cingular with a Blackberry Pearl. I have tried different folder names, but none of it seems to work. Therefore, I am wondering if there is a list of IMAP servers that are compatible with BIS and what functions are/are not supported for each.

I am currently using Cyrus v2.2.12, however if that version is not supported I could either upgrade or potentially switch to a different IMAP server.

Any help would be appreciated.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: BIS and IMAP Server Compatibility

Jcern, welcome to the stacks! Glad you posted this over here. One of the BIS/IMAP wizards will be along shortly to help you out.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

BIS 2.x supports deleted and sent messages from the BB to the IMAP account on the server. For this to work, you must have a folder named "Sent" and "Trash" on the IMAP server account. THen when sending or deleting from the BB for that email account, messages will be moved to the appropriate folder. The IMAP server must support IMAP4 (which most do).

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If I remember correctly, it's been a while, when BIS 2.0 first came out, there were a few members that had a problem getting the cyrus imap to fully work. I tried to find one of these threads but the search came up empty, sorry

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~