I have been using the BIS and Exchange setting for years now with no problem. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

JeffW no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS and Exchange problem

Advertisement

I have been using the BIS and Exchange setting for years now with no problem. All of a sudden I can not validate to the exchange server. I can get to the OWA using a browser, but not validate the BIS.

I know that our network people pulled down the PIX firewall and are now using a Fortinet box as the firewall. Other than that I have no clue. Neither do they as I am probably the only person using a Blackberry on this large network.

Running Exchange 2003
    Last edited by JeffW; 03-19-2008 at 10:31 AM.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried to resend the service books?
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

I can't even get the account validated anymore. I had deleted the account and tried to reinstall it, but since it won't validate, the account is no longer in the service book.

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    Are you able to access your account (OWA) with a web browser on a desktop PC from outside the corporate network? If so, it should be a simple matter of entering the same URL and login credentials into your BIS page.

If you can't get to it from the net using a web browser, you have a firewall issue.

I can get to the email through OWA outside the network. I copied the url but no joy. Anyone know what ports I need to check on?

miclflores no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am having the same issue as above. It just isn't letting me re-add the account after I deleted it because I couldn't validate it. I have no idea what is going on and I asked the IT dept to see if they had blocked BIS access to OWA and they said no (although I'm not sure they really looked into it). I really need to get this working again because I do not want to go to BES. Please help.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    I can get to the email through OWA outside the network. I copied the url but no joy. Anyone know what ports I need to check on?
    The OWA port is set by the IT administrator that monitors the Exchange server. You can use any port. My company uses port 2201 because that is our street address and it's easy to remember.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE