Ok gang, I've read countless messages but have yet to read definitively that BIS limits ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

schwinn140 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BIS and Deleting Messages on my BB

Advertisement

Ok gang, I've read countless messages but have yet to read definitively that BIS limits messages from being removed from my device.

There has got to be some way for this to work. I CAN do the folllowing:

* Send messages from my device and have them be listed in my Exchange Sent Folder
    * Delete messages from my device and have them be removed from my Exchange Inbox

Why can't i delete something from my Inbox and have it be removed from my BB? WHY WHY WHY?

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BIS and Deleting Messages on my BB

There are settings for that. Go into your message list click the wheel and go to options. Once in options you need to edit the settings in "general settings" and " email reconciliation" Make sure you have it set to delete on mailbox and handheld and in general settings make sure you save sent mail

dogNamedMerl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19E6C

I think the consensus on this is that it depends on the protocol type of your email server. From what I understand, with imap servers, the reconciliation is only one-way (bes and pop may be different). If anyone has made two-way work, please correct me :-) !

Cheers
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42
    Absolutly correct dog it totally depends on the email server. Not on the type of server imap and pop can both do it but most online servers don't support the correct protocols. If your lucky and can contact the server admin just let him/her what you want to happen and hell know what to do or point him to pinstack and well let him know.

dogNamedMerl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19E6C

Quote Originally Posted by bbtec
    Absolutly correct dog it totally depends on the email server. Not on the type of server imap and pop can both do it but most online servers don't support the correct protocols. If your lucky and can contact the server admin just let him/her what you want to happen and hell know what to do or point him to pinstack and well let him know.
    Are you saying that it *is* possible to do 2-way reconsiliation with imap? Man, that would be great. I was under the impression that 1-way was a limitation of BIS with the imap protocol. Do you know which protocols support 2-way? From what I understand, this only works with BES.

Cheers!