Okay, first of all, thanks for opening this message and considering a question from an ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

stewie1 no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS and corporate email? Any chance?

Advertisement

Okay, first of all, thanks for opening this message and considering a question from an obvious newbie.

Here's my situation: I'm taking advantage of the $15 unltd email package being offered by Telus up here in Canada. Deal is that Blackberry traffic includes only BIS, not BES services. So I was told that there was no way I could get my work email set up on it.

As a result, I declined the blackberry and picked up an HTC touch. Now I'm not crazy about the lack of keyboard, or Windows Mobile, but it does the job. Can sync with the Exchange server and get push email, no problem.

However, i'd prefer a BB. Is there any way I can reconcile this, or am I SOL? We're running Microsoft Exchange here at the office and using Outlook as an email client.

(Getting a blackberry paid by the company is not an option, as they have strict rules as to who qualifies for one, and I'm not one of them.)

If you read this far, thanks!

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: BIS and corporate email? Any chance?

You can talk to your server admin that handles your exchange server to route your work email to your bb or if your able to access yoru work email out of office then you can set up bb service to get your work email.

stewie1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by DriftorX View Post
    You can talk to your server admin that handles your exchange server to route your work email to your bb or if your able to access yoru work email out of office then you can set up bb service to get your work email.
    I access it out of the office but through a citrix server. Different animal, I imagine.

When you talk about routing the email out, do you mean via POP3 or IMAP?

Thanks.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Yes, but like i said you may need to talk to your server admin on the specifics on routing mail. like using the pop and imap. they may have a different settings for it to access. but other then that you can use your bb account to set up email access to it. As long as your server admins allow you to do it. But it will be on there part to configure allowing it outside of office.