Folks- I'm a long time smart phone user who's recently jumped on the blackberry bandwagon. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

nibbler no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS and BES

Advertisement

Folks-

I'm a long time smart phone user who's recently jumped on the blackberry bandwagon. When I picked up this device (an 8830 via Sprint) I was told that you could have both business email via BES and personal email via BIS running on it. Looking through the forums here it looks like there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that supports this. However, my BES administrator informs me that associalting it with BES prevents BIS from working. Additionally, he's telling me that once you're on BES you can't wipe the device back to it's original state. This sounds way off to me, looking at the posts here, they should both live in harmony.

Can someone tell me if I'm missing something?

Thanks!

--
    Sean

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BIS and BES

you can do both, but your IT department can disable bis from being set up. if they say no bis, it would be that they block the ability.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

As for restoring the phone to original state again your IT department can do that. By the sounds of it your IT department either doesn't know how to use both at the same time, doesn't want to, or isn't allowed to. Again I would think that they probably don't know how to remove the IT policy from the device after removal from the BES. If it is your personal unit, I would be wary about putting it on the BES.

Zo

nibbler no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your help, everybody!

I'm in a position where I have to use my personal device, it's a long story.

I think the admin really don't know how to enable BES and BIS, he seemed shocked to find out it's even possible (he's a window's admin who's been saddled with BES). I watched him run through the config and he wasn't able to find anything. So.. in version 4.1 of BES, does anyone know where the option is and what it's called?

Thanks!