Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

try with gmail app to bb... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

cheis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: bis 2.3 and gmail

Advertisement

try with gmail app to bb

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

i feel that kind of defeats the purposed. i was on the phone with Tmo then RIM for about 90 minutes today. the rep i spoke to said he wasn't aware of the problem so we did some testing and he talked to a few people, did some research. turns out that with this 2 way synchronization thing is more of a hit or miss type of thing. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. it works for some and not others, so he's going to look into it more and see if they need to do some fixing on their end and he's supposed to get back to me in a few business days so we'll see waht happens. i have noticed that my synchronization does KIND OF work...synchronizes maybe every 2 hours?

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

I received an email in my GMail account, on my BlackBerry. I read it, then deleted it. It's now gone from GMail's website...

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Also, on your BIS for GMail, make sure: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device - is checked!

jexcel89 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: bis 2.3 and gmail

Quote Originally Posted by tomdkat
    I deleted the account and readded it and it worked. But I did that about two days after the 2.3 upgrade. I just dont understand what went wrong where I needed to do it again
    Ok frustrated gmail + BIS 2.3 users, I am one of the same and finally got some explaining from the RIM pros themsevels.
    I was on the phone with them last night for two hours.

1. BIS 2.3 servers had a "service pack 1" installed the weekend of June 23.
    (I am on verizon, but suspect RIM rolled this out for all USA?)
    this could have helped / hurt the situation, but I remain skeptical.

2. the REAL crux of my issues (only getting some gmail emails via BIS2.3 and the reconcilliantion being TOTALLY random and deleting the wrong emails off BB8830) was related to this RIM knowledgebase article:
    kb04792

you can search for this kb at the RIM support site
    na.blackberry.com/eng/support/

see the Cause 3:
    summary: when the gmail pop3 server mesg list has 400+ messages in it, gmail+BIS 2.3 starts getting confused as to which mesg is which.
    RIM tells me this is because gmails pop3 server does "non standard" things over the 400 amount.

fix: log into gmail, go to Settings and turn off pop, save changes. then turn it right back on.
    this "resets" the pop 400+ index number, down to 0 - which starts increasing again with new incoming mails.

I have done this with success so far, receiving all new emails since. Obviously we the users need to keep pressuring RIM support (via your phone carrier) and gmail gurus to FIX this 400+ pop3 index list problem!

Being a sysadmin, I've not seen another pop3 client have this issue with gmail 400+ POP indexes, but apparently RIMs BIS does.

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

I just wish that my email on the gmail site would show up read after i read them on my handheld!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12