hi, i'll get my 1st bb8320 next week. i am just wondering which email provider ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

crackberryist no está en línea Stack level 3

best email provider with 2 way sync with bb

Advertisement

hi, i'll get my 1st bb8320 next week. i am just wondering which email provider is the best to be installed on my bb. i hv 1 biz account and 2 yahoo (1 free and 1 plus), 1 gmail and 1 hotmail for private mails. i don't want to use 4 private addresses anymore. sometimes i'm asking myself why i did set up 4 private addresses. i searched the forum but i'm a little bit confused about the actual status of these accounts. i'll need push of course, but need 2 way sync also. and if i could sync calender that would be perfect. thx in advance. best regards from istanbul/turkey

Re: best email provider with 2 way sync with bb

Quote Originally Posted by bbistanbul View Post
    hi, i'll get my 1st bb8320 next week. i am just wondering which email provider is the best to be installed on my bb. i hv 1 biz account and 2 yahoo (1 free and 1 plus), 1 gmail and 1 hotmail for private mails. i don't want to use 4 private addresses anymore. sometimes i'm asking myself why i did set up 4 private addresses. i searched the forum but i'm a little bit confused about the actual status of these accounts. i'll need push of course, but need 2 way sync also. and if i could sync calender that would be perfect. thx in advance. best regards from istanbul/turkey
    one add question: is it poss to sync contacts with one od the a.m. providers?

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

If you download a cool program from Yahoo, that you can sync your contacts with also there is a lot more in the program.. I also suggest getting unlimited data if it is available and affordable in your country.

from your Berry,
    go to mobile.yahoo.com and find the link for Yahoo GO!

I have used it to sync, you might have to clean up your contacts a lot. I had double contacts on pretty much everything, so after your first cleanup, and you regularly edit your contact you should be ready to go

I like using yahoo plus, plus you can use the spam guard on yahoo plus and the disposible e-mail address, you can also check your disposible e-mails from yahoo go. It is one of the best programs for the berry if you use yahoo mail. The only thing it is missing is a calendar sync.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

First, just to clarify, the BlackBerry doesn't do ANY email synchronization.

With BIS accounts, it will delete from the SMTP/IMAP Inbox as well as from the BlackBerry, but that's it. Reads are not reconciled between the BlackBerry and the mail server, and if you select to delete from the Mailbox as well as the BlackBerry, the email is deleted permanently from the email account - it does NOT go to the trash!

With BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) accounts it reconciles - it does NOT Synchronize. And, if you MOVE a message that the BES Server can not monitor (like to a PST), it will NOT remove it from the BlackBerry (until it either ages off or the memory space is needed).

The difference is that a Synch would be a product like Exchange Active Sync or Good - what's on your device is a duplicate of your Inbox.

The BlackBerry optionally reconciles Reads and Deletes, but you can have different messages on your BlackBerry (as well as different Read states) from your Inbox if you choose to do it that way.

It is much more versatile than simple synchronization, and recognizes that they actually ARE two very different ways to deal with email.

The BlackBerry DOES, however, SYNCHRONIZE your Address Book, Tasks, Calendar, and Memo Pad - either wired with Desktop Manager or wirelessly with BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server).

Now, to answer the original question, I find the best BIS email to be Gmail (I have both Gmail and Yahoo Plus accounts set up).

If you want email reconciliation as well as Wireless SYNCHRONIZATION of your Address Book, Memo Pad, Taksk, and Calendar, you need to have a BES account. If you are not on a Corporate BES, you can, for a small additional fee, get what's called a Hosted BES Account and get all that great wireless sync of the PIMs!
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    First, just to clarify, the BlackBerry doesn't do ANY email synchronization.

With BIS accounts, it will delete from the SMTP/IMAP Inbox as well as from the BlackBerry, but that's it. Reads are not reconciled between the BlackBerry and the mail server, and if you select to delete from the Mailbox as well as the BlackBerry, the email is deleted permanently from the email account - it does NOT go to the trash!

With BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) accounts it reconciles - it does NOT Synchronize. And, if you MOVE a message that the BES Server can not monitor (like to a PST), it will NOT remove it from the BlackBerry (until it either ages off or the memory space is needed).

The difference is that a Synch would be a product like Exchange Active Sync or Good - what's on your device is a duplicate of your Inbox.

The BlackBerry optionally reconciles Reads and Deletes, but you can have different messages on your BlackBerry (as well as different Read states) from your Inbox if you choose to do it that way.

It is much more versatile than simple synchronization, and recognizes that they actually ARE two very different ways to deal with email.

The BlackBerry DOES, however, SYNCHRONIZE your Address Book, Tasks, Calendar, and Memo Pad - either wired with Desktop Manager or wirelessly with BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server).

Now, to answer the original question, I find the best BIS email to be Gmail (I have both Gmail and Yahoo Plus accounts set up).

If you want email reconciliation as well as Wireless SYNCHRONIZATION of your Address Book, Memo Pad, Taksk, and Calendar, you need to have a BES account. If you are not on a Corporate BES, you can, for a small additional fee, get what's called a Hosted BES Account and get all that great wireless sync of the PIMs!
    many thx. much more than i wanted to know. but where i do get the hosted bes account from: my provider or from bb??

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    .. Yahoo GO!
    .... The only thing it is missing is a calendar sync.
    I didn't know Yahoo Go syncs contacts. I was under the impression it only offered the Yahoo contacts when you use Yahoo Go to compose an email from within the application. I haven't tried it though. A side note, Google offers Sync to synchronize Google Calendar with the BlackBerry calendar. It works pretty well.

As to mail, Yahoo will mark your email as read on the website or on your BlackBerry and delete it from both 2-way. Gmail from Google doesn't do this unless you select "delete from server and handheld" but never marks Gmail as read if you open it on the BlackBerry.

I also prefer Gmail over Yahoo.. but I would say add one from both to your BlackBerry and see which one you prefer first-hand.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 12-29-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

cliffr39, this is exactly the info i was looking for. you are the best (as always)

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

You can sync yahoo with your blackberry through the desktop manager. Just change the settings from outlook to yahoo. I only used the sync with my address book, but it works just like synching with outlook

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious170 View Post
    You can sync yahoo with your blackberry through the desktop manager. Just change the settings from outlook to yahoo. I only used the sync with my address book, but it works just like synching with outlook

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    With Yahoo GO! this does it without any wires.
    -------
    Where can you get a hosted BES account?
    Last edited by boomboom; 12-29-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bbistanbul View Post
    many thx. much more than i wanted to know. but where i do get the hosted bes account from: my provider or from bb??
    One of the better BES hosted providers is themessagecenter.com