I am about to purchase the Curver tomorrow. I am a physician and have been ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gator054 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Express, New User Question

Advertisement

I am about to purchase the Curver tomorrow. I am a physician and have been using a Treo with a shared exchange server for the past 5 years. I found that the BES Express offers similar types of push services for free (single person using the services) and wanted to see if anyone has knowledge of how well this works.

I primarily have 2 email accounts that I need instant access all the time. In addition, calendar and task lists with wireless push are a must for me.

Is this the right service for just one??

Last question for anyone who may help, is it correct that I must purchase the voice and data plan individually? I do not see on AT&T's website that there is a bundle. I would appreciate answers and any advice or pointers before my purchase tomorrow. Thank you.

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: BES Express, New User Question

gator054

I think that the option that you're looking into may not be what you need. I believe that only on device can be associated with one corporate email account, there would not be a way to tie your BB to 2 different email accounts on a BES, especially if you want a wireless push for Calendar and Tasks. Unfortunately, I'm not a bog fan of the Treo, but it may be your best option. I hope this helps a little.

gator054 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BES Express, New User Question

At the store, the rep showed me that the Curve supports up to 10 email accounts. In our office, we only have one shared calendar and task list...so the multiple accounts are only related to email.

I think I found another solution over the weekend. Please let me know if any of you have heard about this.... Google Enterprise will allow me to forward all corporate email to their severs and keep my same email names (not @gmail.com....yourdomain.com). I was thinking of just transitioning from Outlook to Google Gmail and Calendar. There is an app that will sync the email and there are a few compnaies that allow sync from the Google Calendar to the BB.

Thoughts??