Thanks in advance for any help ... I access work email by way of BES. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

as1315 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BES & Personal Email

Advertisement

Thanks in advance for any help ...

I access work email by way of BES. I tried to add a few personal email accounts (gmail) via Blackberry Internet Service, but my device (Curve) isn't receiving those messages. I believe this is do-able but haven't been able to figure it out yet. Again, any help is well appreciated!

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BES & Personal Email

its is possible you might have an IT policy on the phone disabling BIS email. Are there icons for the emails setup on the main screen of your blackberry?

It's actually my own device so I don't know (unless it loads with wireless synch with Exchange) that there is an IT policy on the phone itself. I do have icons for Setup Wizard and Personal Email Set Up on the main screen.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2

The security policy is pushed through by the BES you are on. If you're on a BES that the administrator has deployed a it policy, you will get it on your device. Once you have set up the email accounts via the wizard, do you have email icons appearing on your screen? If not, you can try to set up the email accounts online via your service provider (you did say this was a personal device, with a personal service plan right?). If that fails, contact your BES admin to find out if the it policy restricts personal accounts. If you decide to take your blackberry off the BES and only use the BIS (access work email via pop or imap) don't forget to ask the admin to push you a blank it policy.

Actually, approx. ten hours after I added / updated my personal account via BIS I started receiving email on the device and now I do have a seperate icon for my personal email. Though is there a way to create a seperate icon for my work (BES) email so I can view those seperately? Thanks for the all the info so far!