Normally I am the one that is giving help on this site, but now I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Being Forced to "Upgrade"

Advertisement

Normally I am the one that is giving help on this site, but now I come begging for it. AT&T, at the urging/forcing of RIM, has decided/agreed to finally force all of us die hard hold outs to finally transition from BIS 1.8. I have kept BIS 1.8 because it had the ability to create/use folders. This allowed me to use my BB to manage my work load that was based on email traffic, and still maintain a record on my BB.

I currently only keep emails that have not been completely resolved in my in box. All others are relegated to a file folder that I created on the RIM?AT&T Web client site. If I needed to refer to the filed emails, I could always go to View Folder, select the appropriate folder and review the email in question. As I understand it, this option is no longer an option.

What I am asking is, after transitioning to BIS 2.x, how can I maintain control of my work load in a similar manner. I currently see no way to keep my active emails in my inbox and still keep it clean of completed actions, but still have the ability to refer to those emails. It appears that I must either delete those items that are completed, or live with an in box that is cluttered with active and closed emails.

Does anyone have a possible solution to this conundrum.

Begging for a solution, thanks for your help.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi,
    This would be less convienent, but what about using gMail. If you set up IMAP, when you 'delete' email from your BB, it puts it into the archive on gMail. You can search or just view the archive from the gMail application.
    --
    ~via my red 8310 BB Curve~
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I use gMail, but that really doesn't work for me, as I may still need access to the emails that are no longer active for future reference. I've tied it, but I am really not impressed with the mobile application. I want the ease of what I have now. everything else is a work around that adds much additional effort on my part.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles