every time I run DM 5.0, and try to add/remove apps, it wants to delete ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question BB 5.0 Messenger - DM wants to delete it?

Advertisement

every time I run DM 5.0, and try to add/remove apps, it wants to delete or downgrade my BBM 5.0. I deleted the device OS from my pc but it keeps happening - how can I avoid this?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    When RIM officially releases 5.0 that will stop. The download was leaked so I don't think DM even recognizes it yet. That would be my guess.

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb
    the only way to make it stop is to replace bbm cod in your apps
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by richardrblc View Post
    the only way to make it stop is to replace bbm cod in your apps
    and how would I do this? sorry to jack the post but I'm trying to load games via DM to my Bold and since I have the BBM 5.0 it's trying to delete the BBM...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    and how would I do this? sorry to jack the post but I'm trying to load games via DM to my Bold and since I have the BBM 5.0 it's trying to delete the BBM...
    If you downloaded a .zip file to your PC, you'd need to copy the .alx file here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\YOUR DEVICE OS

The .cod files would need to be copied here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\YOUR DEVICE OS\Java

Does that make sense?

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Are these instructions on how to load the new BBM 5.0? If so I already have that loaded... are you saying I need to do the same for the game files? My issue is that when I attempt to load games using the DM it shows it wants to downgrade my BBM 5.0 to BBM 4.6, which i definitely do not want to happen... is there a workaround for this?

No, they're not instructions to load the new BBM, but to tell the DM to stop wanting to downgrade BBM. Whenever you launch DM it compares the information on your device against the information in the files on your PC. Right now the BBM files do not match up because the version on your device is newer than what is in the OS file on your PC.

How did you load the new BBM? OTA or via DM?

PIN/ID
    DROID
    DM... downloaded the zip files from BlackBerryOS

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    LOL @ DM wanting to delete it. I wanted to delete it after 3 minutes of usage.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Did you place the BBM 5 files in the directories as RoGro said, or load through Add/Remove by browsing to the files? His method should stop that from happening.

I ran into the same problem before with Documents2Go on my 8120. I had updated it, but the leaked 4.5 OS I was using was determined that I should have the version that came with it.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    If you downloaded a .zip file to your PC, you'd need to copy the .alx file here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\YOUR DEVICE OS

The .cod files would need to be copied here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\YOUR DEVICE OS\Java

Does that make sense?
    I've seen on a few post relating to BBM 5.0 everyone talking about these destinations but I don't have this. I can get up to
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion

But not further than that. Can anyone help with this? I don't have the option of 'Shared' or 'Loader Files' or 'Java'

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    I've seen on a few post relating to BBM 5.0 everyone talking about these destinations but I don't have this. I can get up to
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion

But not further than that. Can anyone help with this? I don't have the option of 'Shared' or 'Loader Files' or 'Java'
    This would indicate that you don't have a current copy of your device's OS (operating system) installed on your PC or laptop.

You'll need to determine what OS is on your device (Options>About, 3rd line down), then find a place to download the OS, download and install it onto your PC/laptop.
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-22-2009 at 01:23 PM.