hi, im using bis on my 8320. sometimes i will get email with attachments upto ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

crackberryist no está en línea Stack level 3

Attachment size limit

Advertisement

hi, im using bis on my 8320. sometimes i will get email with attachments upto 5-6 mb. if i hv to redirect them to another customer so i will send same att size, too. is there any size limit on the device or bis. the accounts from where i am receiving and sending those big attachments hv a size limit of 10-20 MB
    WHY USE DRUGS IF YOU GOT A CRACKBERRY
    UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I'M THE ONLY "ACTIVE" STACKER IN TURKEY

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Attachment size limit

As far as I know, there's a 1Mb size limits on attachments being downloaded to the BlackBerry.

The limit of attachment size is more limited by the hosting service. If you're talking about a blackberry.net account, the effective limit is still 1Mb since you can't get to the email any other way!
    JerryD

Thx JerryD. This is why i opened this thread. When i searched the forum i found so many different infos on this issue. If you are right it's a big problem for me bcs i hv to get those big attachment of 5-6 MB on my BB.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Well, you're crazy to be using email for files that big, but if you must, get a gmail account, and an SD card - they're VERY CHEAP. You can just use Mass Storage Mode and save attachments manually if a large attachment doesn't come in through email, and worst case you'll need to use the Gmail app to access your gmail. You can get the Gmail app here: http://www.gmail.com/app
    JerryD

ok jerryd, i hv a gmail account and to buy a SD card is no problem, as well. will try it that way. thx again and a happy new year

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

This is Cingular/AT&T's site http://www.wireless.att.com/business...is-upgrade.jsp

They say sending emails from the BB = Attachment uploading—attach files up to 3MB in size
    not sure about downloading
    They also say for receiving Voicemail attachments (mp3 and WAV) up to 500 KB

But I think that each carrier can control the attachment size. So not sure if that helps at all... sorry
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.