Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You are on bis correct? There could be a few things. 1. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are on bis correct?
    There could be a few things.
    1. Like Jblack said, what are the sizes of the files you are attemtping to download?
    2. You may want to connect to DM, go to app loader, remove the "blackberry attachment service", then go back and reinstall that module.

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    One of them is 51 kb. I know on one of my first 8703's it would not open the file if too big. If I take the original e-mail from the PC and forward to my bb, sometimes it will come out okay. Could it be that I need to redirect more of my e-mail to the blackberry account vs. home account?

I will try the uninstall tonight. It just seems crazy that I can't narrow down it doing it all the time. And the last couple of times, if I do a hard reset and/or soft reset, I can open pdf files and the pic attachments will be okay.

Thanks for the advice and I will let you know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    Nothing different happens before, I open the email and click open attachment and either it shows the entire pic or just a portion of the pic. The uninstall might help, but I have a newer model phone than the 8703 and I removed the older dm and put a new version of the dm that came with my phone and it happened to be I had to buy a new computer "VISTA". The only thing that has been consistent is the problem, Verizon and me.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Are all of these emails coming to the same email address or to multiple email addresses? If to the same, do you have a second email address you can ask the sender to send it to that will come to your BB to see if it repeats the problem?

Zo

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have several addresses. Is there a way to redirect the emails without actually changing the address people use for me?

I think these are coming through on a bellsouth address.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Instead of redirecting, give someone you trust not to abuse it one of you other email addresses and have them send the same email with an attachment to both addresses that way you can see if you can open the attachment in either email. If you can open it from one and not the other then the mail server for that address may be corrupting the file before it makes it to the BB.

Zo

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~zo, i think you might be right. I have tested a couple of emails and so far the bellsouth has been the problem.

What advice do you have on changing everyone to a different address?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    One other thing to consider are mails forwarded form Outlook, If some one is forwarding a mail to you from Outlook with an attachment, Outlook forwards the orignal mail as an attachment also, so you have an attachment inside an attachment, Outlook will handle this with out a problem, but the blackberry can't open it correctly.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The easiest way to change people over to the new address is to change your outgoing address if you reply to them (you can do this by scrolling up and pulling the menu up) or just send an email out to those you want to move from your BB using the email address you are wanting them to use. As for your bellsouth account, I would log into thier email server and see if there are some settings you might be able to tweak to solve the issue for that address.

Zo

PIN/ID
    Thanks, I will check into the bellsouth and see if I can re-route. I really appreciate the quick response to my problem and I look forward to one day helping someone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12