Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had the same proplem on my 8703 and now with a new 8830. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

attachment problems

Advertisement

I have had the same proplem on my 8703 and now with a new 8830. I updated to 8830 thinking the problem was with the phone. I have had to have 4-8703's replaced. Twice for this problem I receive jpg files and open the attachment and the picture will only load half, quarter there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have been talking with Verizon for 3 days. On my 8703 updated OS updated desktop mgr. Hard reset. Can anyone help, it is getting frustrating. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I PM'd you for a sample - I'll see if I have the problem with one of your pics.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    I sent you the pic....it will not open on yours either. Once i open the attachment it is corrupted. I haven't been able to open pdf files either, i don't know if the 2 are connected. When i did the hard reset on my 8703, the pdf and the pics came through okay.

thanks for looking into this....i am at my wits end.

You're probably running current software but you might check here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86
    to see. You can find out what your OS is by going to Options: About and it will list your v(ersion) and (platform). I have no idea at this point but it's worth a look.

Can you email me one of the pics BEFORE you open it on your phone or do you know it's ok before your phone corrupts it? Maybe someone with at attachment problem like this or more experience will jump in here. I'll take a look if you want to email me the pic but the problem as you describe it so far appears to be phone-related. Hang in there - we'll get some help.

You also might update your profile a little with carrier info, etc. so anyone who tries to help will have that info.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know until I open it, but it has been all of them. Last thing I did was remove battery and it seemed okay right after that. But it doesn't last. I am using 4.2 os. Could it be a 3rd party program? I have viigo, IM+ and that's it.
    I appreciate all the help and I will update my profile.

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have Verizon, 8830 (as of yesterday) 4.2 OS,

Most likely the 3d party pgms aren't your problem. I have Viigo, Opera, four IM's, Google Maps, World Mate, etc. You get the idea.

What's the rest of you OS version? For example, (4.2.2.184 is mine for the 8320.) Most current for the 8830 seems to be 4.2.2.176. If you're reasonably current that's probably not the problem either.

Have you resent your service books? Go to Setup Internet Email: Service Books and scroll down to Send Service Books. See if that helps.

You said in an earlier post, "When i did the hard reset on my 8703, the pdf and the pics came through okay." When did the problem start up again after the reset? Can you come up with any more clues that might help?

Try the service books and get back - well get to the bottom of this or I'll see if we can get some other input/help.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah your device has been replaced but each time it was replaced did you do a switch device wizard or restore the data from the previous device.

You may want to connect your BlackBerry to your computer open backup and restore then go to advanced and clear the service book database. Once its cleared do a hard reset and then register on the wireless network to bring your service books back in. See if that works.

PIN/ID
    I am using 4.2.2.176. I did do a restore on the 8830 and all the other 8703s, as I am not sure what switch device wizard is.
    If i do the hard reset, do i restore and how do I get my stuff back on this phone so I don't transfer the bad stuff again? Or do I just lose it?

Thanks for all the help.

Mom,

The Switch Device Wizard one of the functions on Desktop Manager. Doing a reset on the phone (battery pull or soft reset if you have that pgm) won't remove of the data on your phone. All your pgms, msgs, etc. should still be there.

PIN/ID
    Okay. So far so good. I can read pics and pdfs. But I could for 1 day after I did a hard reset. Thanks for all the help, and I will let you guys know tomorrow (be it good or bad) if it is fixed.

I should have come here before wasting 3 days with Verizon. Thanks again, and I truly appreciate your help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try to keep notes to recall what happens just before it fails, if it does. This will be a great clue if the problem recurs.

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~okay. This morning it did it again so I did a hard reset and only sync'd contacts, etc. I have not done a restore. The pics seem to be okay, but I did receive one that showed 2 pics (should have shown 4). So they sent again from bb and all 4 came through fine. Is there a resolution on my bb that I can adjust?

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~HELP!!

my problem continues. I am still having trouble viewing pics in emails and the pdf is not coming through either. I have tried to narrow down the particulars but to no avail. I love my bb but it is becoming too cumbersome and time consuming trying to fix this problem. What happened to walking into a carrier and handing them the bb and they actually know what it is. I am at my wits end trying to fix this problem. I spend more time trying to correct it than I get to enjoy it. Thanks to all who have given me advice. I can't believe that no one else has had this problem.

Could there be a setting that is not set correctly? In my previous posts: new computer, new dm, new bb, same user. Lol

What's the size of the attachment that only load 1/2 of it. Look on your p-c at one of them, right-click it, properties, to get the size. Could we be dealing with some Verizon limit. You've had this same problem on all your phones, right? All Verizon? Have you tried a smaller attachment to see if that works?

UPDATE: This is an intermittent problem. You say it works ok for a while (after reset or whatever) and then the problem at some point is back. What happens just before the problem returns?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-21-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast