Hi all. I have the 8130 on verizon. I had a question about email "delays." ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

nichos no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Are my BIS delays normal?

Advertisement

Hi all. I have the 8130 on verizon. I had a question about email "delays."
    I have 2 mail accounts set up. One is with a personal ISP (imap) and the other is my work account (exchange). I'm using verizon's BIS.

I don't think I've ever received an email in less than 15 minutes. I've had the pearl for about a month or so now and the mail is never quick. Sometimes I'll get 4 messages at once, all sent at different times over the past 20 minutes (I notice because it plays the notification sound 4 times in a row). This is on both accounts. I've done a master reset on the phone and resent the service books.

Is there a "push" setting or something I'm missing? Are my times normal? My treo would receive messages before outlook sometimes!

Thanks in advance!
    Nick

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Never getting an email in less than 15 minutes isn't normal. If you haven't before resend your service books to your bb.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sorry I do see you did this already.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yes, that IS normal. Only your @carrier.blackberry.net account is instant. I called tmobile and they explained that the servers check for mail ones every 15 minutes. If there is an email, they push and check 3 minutes later. If there isn't one, check again in 15 minutes. Sprint is the only carrier as far as I know that provides BIS with 10 instant email addresses.

miamitreo no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on att and I usually always get my emails (3 yahoo accounts) instantly. When on the laptop with my main email account open I sometimes get a email on my berry before I can refresh the screen on the laptop.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    My Comcast email account can be a litlle slower than the others I have, but my Yahoo! Mail and GMail come almost instantly.