Alright, I also can't send email. i've got 8700c (Cingular) and use yahoo as my ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

davidstone74 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Another Guy who can't send email, HELP? :(

Advertisement

Alright, I also can't send email. i've got 8700c (Cingular) and use yahoo as my ISP (small business services).

I can receive, but can't send even after:
    - following blackberry.com directions: deleting and resending service books
    - "reseting" the device (power down and battery)

I don't use enterprise stuff or software or the redirector and use Outlook 2003.

What's weird, is that after setting up my non-yahoo account, i can both receive and send from my 2nd email account on the Blackberry (speakeasy ISP).

One thing I was thinking of was that yahoo has a different SMTP and POP server, but I can only enter one server in when I configure the account on Cingular's blackberry website. Does this matter?

This is driving me crazy! Hope you can help!

me again with help

FYI, the error I get when I try to send is that the mail shows an "X" with the error message "message included an invalid address" THANKS AGAIN!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    try going to advanced options, hot routing table, click and hit register now. thats all i can think of right now

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    David, I am not sure how you set your email up. When I set my yahoo account up, I just went to the blackberry start page you can do this from the cingular browser on your device or by clicking this link https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    1. Log in using your user name (only the part prior to @mycingular.blackberry.net) and password.
    2. Click the "Setup Account" button
    3. Enter the info requested.
    There is no server info requested and you get a message saying it is successfully set up.

Hope this helps.
    Steve

I did "register" the device via the "host routing" in "advanced settings", but that didn't help.

Also, FYI, yahoo.com manages our company's domain. So my actual email address doesn't have the @yahoo.com or anything. Not sure if this matters. So when I setup the email account, I did email address: david@XXXX.com. The next screen asked me for servers, etc.. The server I put in was pop.bizmail.yahoo.com (and I didn't enter the smtp server of smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com). Hopefully this makes sense.

-David

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Since it is a small biz account I have stepped in way over my head. Maybe Rcbjr or one of the other pros will see this in the am and have some answers. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...html#post85151 may pertain to your issue as well

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    make sure you settings in your mail program look like this.

Incoming mail (POP3) server: pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
    Account name/username: Your Business Email address
    (such as you@yourdomain.com)Email address: Your Business Email address
    (such as you@yourdomain.com)Password: Your Business Email password

Glehman85:

What settings are you talking about? In Outlook '03 I have all the settings below. Are you suggesting that there are settings for the below for my 8700c? If so, where can I find them?

FYI, my outlook runs fine.

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    make sure you settings in your mail program look like this.

Incoming mail (POP3) server: pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
    Account name/username: Your Business Email address
    (such as you@yourdomain.com)Email address: Your Business Email address
    (such as you@yourdomain.com)Password: Your Business Email password

Gretal no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Another Guy who can't send email, HELP? :(

I just got a Blackberry Pearl, and was having the same issue. After spending hours with T-mobile help desk, they sent me over to the RIM help people. They told me it's an ongoing issue with yahoo mail. Wish they had posted that somewhere, or that the T-mobile tech people were informed about it.

Question is, when will they be fixing it?

cookberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I had similar problems, then somehow it just started working.

I'm on Cingular, just got the 8100. In order to get the Yahoo! Bizmail to work, I just entered in my business email, then the password to the yahoo account associated with it.

I was getting the same error when I used my business address and business password. Then I changed it to my business email and yahoo password.

I did not have to take the extra steps of inputting the pop address.

Maybe a recent change to firmware or blackberry internet? Dunno, but it is working just fine now.

-cookberry

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2

I am going to be switching to BES or BPS sometime in the near future, so I am paying the extra $10/month to be at the enterprise level from tmobile. Since I did that and also wiped my device (so I don't know what is the actual cause), I have not been able to do BIS reconciliation. I have gone to my tmobile account and set up BIS like I did before. I am receiving email just fine (OWA to an Exchange Server), but I cannot send messages, delete messages on the server, etc. It doesn't even give me the option to "send". I have tried to reset the device and the host routing table.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I missing a service book since I switched to BES and S.O.L. unless I switch back or upgrade?