Hi Guys, I've a 7100 with T-Mobile and have been quote happily using it with ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

clikkaboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25435BC7

Question An error occurred during email account validation message

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I've a 7100 with T-Mobile and have been quote happily using it with 4 personal email accounts and my work email account for a while now without a problem. On Friday morning, I got an email suggesting that my BB couldn't access my work account and that the password must have been changed. I know that couldn't have happened as I didn't change the password, plus I run the IT department, so I know that nothing else there was changed.

I went on to BIS and did the following:

:: resent the service books - didn't work
    :: tried validating the email account - didn't work
    :: tried retyping the password (that hadn't changed) - didn't work
    :: deleted the account from BIS - which deleted the account from my BB, but left the messages intact within the main message "pot" on my BB
    :: I've restarted the device too, then tried to add on the account again from both the handset and BIS - nothing ...

I've looked around and seen on a couple of posts that it has happened on Gmail and Yahoo and rights itself after a day or so - mine started late Thursday night (GMT).

Can anyone help me please?
    http://www.erme.co.uk | PIN: 25435BC7 | skype: elliottriley

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: An error occurred during email account validation message

Accessing Corporate email through BIS is sometimes not allowed by the company's security policy, as is the case with the company I work for. However, in spite of making it crystal clear in our IT policy that it was a terminable offense, users continue to set up their BlackBerries with BIS and using our OWA (Outlook Web Access) URL.

I suggested to the head of our Mobile Email department that rather than have to monitor and police the situation, they monitor the OWA site for 30 minutes in the middle of the night when it would get few hits, and then find the offending BIS access and simply block that domain or IP addresses. Then, there wouldn't even be an issue with it.

Maybe they finally tried it!

Maybe you work for my company!!!

Unless you're with the IT group that tends the firewall or security, you should check with them (read the company's policy first!).
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    25435BC7

Thanks for your reply jdellasala.

I know that no restriction has been put in place by the IT department as I "head" it up, plus we've not changed any settings!

Hopefully it will just correct itself as the Gmail and Yahoo ones have, but I think it's more to do with BIS, than anything else - as other people connecting via their BB don't seem to have the same problem - they are on different carriers though.

PIN/ID
    25435BC7

I've now sorted out this issue - seems to be that if you have too many emails in your inbox, it will stop polling for emails . . .