hello my fellow pinstackers!!!! I have a co-worker (who is with alltel) who has forgotten ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro

Alltel BIS

hello my fellow pinstackers!!!!

I have a co-worker (who is with alltel) who has forgotten his BIS password and I've tried all that I can think of to get his password back.

when he goes into E-mail setup through his phone (his password is saved in the phone) it goes to the mobile site no problem.
    but when he chooses (from a desktop looking and www.alltel.blackberry.com) the option to send the password to his phone via the PIN he receives a msg saying that the pin is not registered.

we already tried to create a new account, all that did was tell us that the pin is already registered.

how can it be registered and yet not registered??

is there anyway to recover his password from his phone?

thanks in advance.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

lemthatsme no está en línea Stack level 1
    your going to have to call ur provider to get the password or to reset it.

yeah that's what we were thinking.
    drat.

thank you for the help though!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Just for grins, try re-registering the device through Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB menu button>Register Now, then try asking for the password again.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Just for grins, try re-registering the device through Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB menu button>Register Now, then try asking for the password again.

thank RO!
    appreciate it!
    will have to try that!

Blog Entries
    Thank me if it works!
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

yeah,
    no dice...
    weak, I appreciate the help though.
    I think he's just going to call Alltel.

Blog Entries
    Bummer. Hope you get it sorted out.

lemthatsme no está en línea Stack level 1
    let us know what happens.
    Good luck

I will for sure!

thanks all