I am using the desktop redirector and I'm redirecting more folders than just my inbox. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

davebohl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question All emails appearing in the "Messages" folder?

Advertisement

I am using the desktop redirector and I'm redirecting more folders than just my inbox. I have email in other folders that I'd like to have access to from my blackberry, but that I don't necessarily need to know about unless I'm looking for it.

It seems to be partially working, but the problem is that all of the emails in all of the folders appear in some master "Messages" folder. And that's the default folder it uses when showing my messages. What I want is for only the emails in my inbox to show up in the messages folder, not all emails in all folders.

If I go to "View Folder" and then to "Inbox", only the correct emails are showing up, but that's not what shows up in the home screen or when I click on "messages"...

Is that an option somewhere, or am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    to separate your messages go to the messages icon click the trackball, press menu, options general options, serarate... Because the devices are default to show all messages together from pin tp bbm to emails. unless u separate them... what device do u have ???
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

I have the Pearl (8100).

I went to the general options, but I don't see anything about seperating them. It does have a "Hide Filed Messages" option, but it is already set to "Yes".

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Smurf, what you're describing will separate texts and e-mails into separate folders. To do that you go into a Messages folder, press the BB menu button, scroll down and select Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes and change that setting to separate.

I think what Dave is trying to do is different, though.

Dave, are you want to NOT see that main Messages folder at all? Just the individual e-mail folders? If so, scroll over to that main Messages icon, press the BB menu button and select Hide. You'll then only see each individual e-mail folder for your acccounts and not the main repository folder.

Hope this helps!

Roger

I'm not exactly sure that's what I want. I only have 1 account setup on the phone, but there are subfolders in that account. One of the subfolders is the inbox, but all emails from all folders are going into the main messages folder.

Ideally I want to exclude emails that are in sub-folders from that main messages folder. Or if that's not possible then I want to make my "Inbox" folder become the default message folder.