Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

please help me with my Pearl it keeps on sending me the same email over ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Gotzoom? no está en línea Stack level 2

Question ahhhhh please help, email keeps repeating itself every 3 min

Advertisement

please help me with my Pearl it keeps on sending me the same email over and over again, i just deleted 186 of the same email, they keep coming every 3 minutes, wtf...

its only on the pearl my email server is not doing this, i have taken out the battery to reset it but still happening...

cant take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please help me, i beg before i smash this mutha f'er

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    You should post what the messages are, but I suspect you did the wrong setup for Desktop Manager. You can use Add/Remove programs, and set up for Internet, not BlackBerry Enterprise or Redirector.

Add/Remove will fail if the original source file(s) are not available. If you used a CD, you'll need it - insert it when prompted. If you downloaded it, the files needed would have been put in the %TEMP% directory, and may be gone. If it fails, cancel the modify, uninstall, and download again and reinstall.
    JerryD

Gotzoom? no está en línea Stack level 2
    no, you dont understand, i have had my blackberry for over a year so my email setup is fine, i keep getting the same email every 3 minutes... this has never happened before..

what does it matter what the email says, its a bank confirmation for a transfer i did, just keeps coming up...

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19
    I had that happen to me a couple of times, but both times it was a spam message. To stop it I had to go to the web site where I manage my BlackBerry's email addresses (I have US Cellular so it is http://www.uscellular.blackberry.com/). I then removed my email address that was getting the message over and over. Then I added it back. The only problem with this is that I had filters created to I had to redo them.

anders5689 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

Wow!

I was on the phone with T-Mobile customer support for well over an hour. They had absolutely no idea what was going on. 30 seconds of Googling and I found this.

5 minutes later, the spam was gone.

I really can't thank you guys enough.

Seems to be some kind of new spam/virus specific for blackberries. I was getting them on my Curve but not on my email on my computer, even though it's the same account. Every 3 minutes, there's the exact same email, even with the same sent date and everything. I assume the email is lurking somewhere between the email server and my phone, and when Blackberry checks the server every 3 minutes, it gets pushed to the phone automatically.

Thanks again!

bmalapit no está en línea Stack level 1

SAME MSG EVERY 3 MIN Blackberry

Lovely, had the same msg every 3 minute problem corrected 2 months ago, this past weekend it happened again, now I no longer am able to receive any email using this same address on my BB, Nextel BB support couldn't help, he'll have someone call me tomorrow....but my service doesn't work...is he stopping the bill, now I am receiving very odd emails claiming to be from blackberry...I hate that I ever got started BB's...user for the last 3 years...

bkaemmer no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! e-mail every 3 minutes...

Anders5689 can you tell me exactly what you did? I deleted my e-amil address from the BB server and re-entered it. Thought it fixed it but then about 30-45 min later, these freakin' e-mails started dumping in again... HELP!

sethwas no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well,
    I have been having the RIM server notification on a coworkers BB pearl and it was because the IT staff installed DM as BES/Redirector and it is an internet email device. So he has over 1000 RIM 'do not delete this email' messages on his pearl because desktop redirector is trying to find a server that doesn't exist.
    I deleted DM altogether and it still sent messages - even with the PC off. I reinstalled DM with the correct settings and it works fine (synching, etc.), but the messages don't stop.
    How can I stop the messages from coming? And how can I selectively delete them from the BB without wiping all the mail?

Thanks,

Seth

I will try the solution here.

Seth

http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53801

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
    Well,
    I have been having the RIM server notification on a coworkers BB pearl and it was because the IT staff installed DM as BES/Redirector and it is an internet email device. So he has over 1000 RIM 'do not delete this email' messages on his pearl because desktop redirector is trying to find a server that doesn't exist.
    I deleted DM altogether and it still sent messages - even with the PC off. I reinstalled DM with the correct settings and it works fine (synching, etc.), but the messages don't stop.
    How can I stop the messages from coming? And how can I selectively delete them from the BB without wiping all the mail?

Thanks,

Seth
    Just to add to it.
    Network@etp messages arrive on the BlackBerry smartphone

Doc ID : KB04254
    Last Modified : 2008-05-01
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software
    • BlackBerry® Internet Service
    • BlackBerry smartphones

Problem

Frequent email messages from network@etpXX.etp.XX.blackberry.net (where XX are variables depending on your location) appear on the BlackBerry smartphone and/or the email client (for example, Microsoft® Outlook®) that is associated with the email account. The body of the email message displays the following:
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry Handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    The email message also contains an ETP.DAT attachment.

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This issue could be caused by the following:
    1. The BlackBerry smartphone and/or the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry® Desktop Redirector option.
    2. The BlackBerry smartphone user is running the Enterprise Activation process on a BlackBerry smartphone that is set up only for the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Resolution

Summary of Resolutions

The following are possible resolutions for this issue.
    Cause 1

The BlackBerry smartphone and/or the BlackBerry Desktop Manager have been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option.
    Resolution
    First, remove all of the Desktop service books from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
    2. Click Advanced Options.
    3. Click Service Book.
    4. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
    5. Display the menu and select Delete.
    6. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CICAL] service book.
    7. Display the menu and select Delete.
    Next, verify whether or not the BlackBerry Desktop Manager has been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option by looking for the Email Settings icon or the Redirector Settings icon in BlackBerry Desktop Manager (see image below). This will only appear if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector was chosen during installation.

If either the Email Settings or Redirector Settings icon is displayed, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager or modify the configuration of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to support the BlackBerry Internet Service. For instructions on uninstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, see KB02206. For instructions on modifying the installation to support the BlackBerry Internet Service, see KB03179.
    Note: If you choose to reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager, be sure to choose the BlackBerry Internet Service option when prompted during the installation process.

Cause 2

The BlackBerry smartphone user is running Enterprise Activation on a BlackBerry smartphone that is set up only for the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Resolution
    After 24 hours, the Enterprise Activation process will time out and the messages will stop. Hide the icon if it appears again on the BlackBerry smartphone.

OK,
    I deleted the service books off the device itself, but the messages still come. I can't rename the DLL file because it doesn't exist (DM 4.2.2).

Seth

OK,
    I deleted the service books off the device itself, but the messages still come. I can't rename the DLL file because it doesn't exist (DM 4.2.2).

Seth
    Give it a couple minutes to stop. can take up to 15-20 mins depending on your email accounts for the messages to filter. Make sure to uninstall and reinstall DM when you get the chance to select BB internet service. (or just go to the control panel and instead of removing just modify the DM.) Check under options, advanced options, enterprise activation on the phone and make sure there is nothing in there.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 06-26-2008 at 12:47 PM.

OK,
    I'll uninstall DM again, and this time make sure its gone in program files as well, nothing residual, I'll reinstall again and see what happens.
    There is nothing in the enterprice activation section of the advanced settings of the BB and no service books that have 'desktop' anywhere.
    Now to reload the DM.

Thanks,

Seth

OK,
    I'll uninstall DM again, and this time make sure its gone in program files as well, nothing residual, I'll reinstall again and see what happens.
    There is nothing in the enterprice activation section of the advanced settings of the BB and no service books that have 'desktop' anywhere.
    Now to reload the DM.

Thanks,

Seth
    Has the messages stopped coming in yet?

Nope,
    They are still coming. Typically 4 at a time every 2 minutes or so. I'm wondering if the server has anything to do with it, and if I wiped/reloaded the OS it would make a difference. I doubt it because the messages are not originating from the PC or the device.

Seth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast