Hey, I was wondering if there is anyway i could add my college email to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ma77r no está en línea Stack level 1

Adding a School email

Advertisement

Hey, I was wondering if there is anyway i could add my college email to the blackberry curve. Every time i try it is not able to register it. The website i use is my.rwu.edu to access it, and even if i just try accessing it through the browser it still does not work. I dunno if it is because the email program is really basic for my school or not. If there is anything i could do to get my emails sent to my phone or acesses them on the Curve please let me know,
    Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    When you say "it is not able to register it", does that mean you are attempting to set it up with the BlackBerry Internet Service?

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    My college email was able to be set up from within the original setup wizard. And I am using BIS and the email is not an exchange. Is ur schools email exchange? And wat service you using? BIS or BES? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Yopu may not be able ot access that account through POP/IMAP and only use WebMail. If that is the case it might not work at all.

JimZ06 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have my college email forwarded to another acount that I can get on the BB.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZ06 View Post
    I have my college email forwarded to another acount that I can get on the BB.
    At work we allow students to do that or only get there mail from WebMail.

trueblue02l no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have my BIS account set up to push my mail to my curve but I'm am not able to view my campus e mail account as you do either. Maybe we will be able to someday!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mikehage no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    you need to get the pop servers for your school email in order to set it up

kd7swh no está en línea Stack level 1
    At my school, The University of Montana, we have an IMAP\Exchange server that has a totally different URL from what we use to check our mail on the web.

In the case of UM. The IMAP server is "messaging.umt.edu" but most people don't know that. They just use the web-based www.umt.edu/grizmail

Check with your IT department and get the URL to the POP, IMAP, or Exchange Server.

Good Luck.