Anyone know why I can't use wireless web to access my Roadrunner e-mail account via ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Poidog no está en línea Stack level 1

Accessing Road Runner Web Mail

Advertisement

Anyone know why I can't use wireless web to access my Roadrunner e-mail account via their Webmail site? It is a https:// and uses java scripts but why would that matter. I can log into the site but cannot "see" my e-mails listed via their webmail application.

BTW, when I log on it gives me a message that the page contains "frames". It instructs me to choose the frame that I am interested in and to click to load that frame. Only one of the 9 frames displayed actually displayed anything. It was the Roadrunner top (RRtop) frame that displayed the header gifs (Auto's, Personals, Real Estate and Shopping).

Anyone have any suggestions? Anybody else access their Road Runner e-mail via the Web? My 7250 was issued via my employer and is set up to access my company's BES via Outlook thus the need to access my "home" mail via the Webmail.

Thanks a million for anyones suggestions/help!

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    Poidog, Welcome to pinstack.

It sounds like the built in browser on your blackberry is having trouble rendering the page in full with frames. Do you know answers to the following few questions:

Is your company running a BES?

What BB OS are you using?

Blackberry Web Browsers aren't the best. Check out this thread for more options on web browser software.

http://www.pinstack.com/viewtopic.php?t=350&highlight=

You might be able to forward the incoming RR mail directly to your BB. I'd check the options available on your RR mail account to see if forwarding or POP3 redirecting is available. It's be much nicer to get that e-mail sent directly to your handheld rather than trying to log into an internet account on your BB.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Poidog no está en línea Stack level 1

Accessing Road Runner Web Mail

Thanks for the reply. To try and answer your questions:

My company uses MS Outlook as our company e-mail which runs from a corporate mail server. They gave out the 7250 BB as a way for us field techs to get our service calls and e-mails out in the field. It was preconfigured when given to us to automatically receive e-mails that come into our Outlook mailboxes. I don't know if that means that my company uses a BES or not.

My version of BB 7250 core software is 4.0.

Is there anything I can do to increase the efficiency of the BB browser to display all the frames?

I will see if RR can forward mail to my BB. Thanks for your suggestions and help!

-Poidog

PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    I don't think you'll have very good luck with the BB browser and the frames for the RR site. It will ask you to choose which set of frames you want to view. Unless you know from the HTML code which frames is the new mail, you're out of luck.

The best bet is to research the ability for the RR mail to forward to your handheld account.

I'll look into it online and see if I can shed any more light on the subject.

Anyone else forwarding from a RR, Charter, Comcast or other Cable broadband account?

Edit- I just ended an online chat session with RR support. RR e-mail can be forwarded to other e-mail addresses. Unfortunately, because I am not a RR user, he was unable to give me the procedures to do so.

I would contact support or log on and look at the options for forwarding. Set it to e-mail incomming messages to your work address and it will show on your BB. Of course you may need to verify and get the okay from your IT group before doing so.

GOOD LUCK!

PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    The Web Form support proved to be a winner! Please find the steps on how to forward your RR e-mail below:

I understand that you want to forward email. I would be happy to assist
    you with this issue!

The automatic forwarding of email from a Road Runner account to any
    other email address can be enabled within Road Runner webmail by
    completing the steps below.

1. Visit our webmail page.

2. Enter the User ID (everything before the @ symbol) of the email
    address you want messages forwarded from. Enter your password in the
    Password field.

3. Click the Login button.

4. Click the Options tab and select the Settings link on the left side.

5. In the Mail Forwarding text box, specify the email address(es) that
    you want the messages from this address to be forwarded to. For multiple
    addresses, type one email address per line, pressing Enter to separate
    the addresses onto different lines. Please note that no copies of
    forwarded email will be saved within the forwarding account.

6. Click the Save Changes link beneath the Mail Forwarding text box.

If you have any further questions or problems, please feel free to
    E-mail us again or contact our Technical Support line for further
    assistance. When replying to this address, please include this message
    as well as all previous correspondence regarding this issue.

Thank you for choosing Road Runner and have a great day!
    Road Runner Residential Agent, Tyson, 7693
    Road Runner Technical Support Department.

WTG RoadRunner. Great Support!

hmilliron07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Accessing Road Runner Web Mail

I have rr for my home email and to have sent to my blackberry pearl 8130 all i did was go to setting in your email account from your home computer and in the general settings go to the one that says to forward email and put your blackberry email address but select the option to forward and save if you dont it will send all to blackberry and never keep in you email account.let me ask you can you access rr.com on your blackberry it tells me my security is not set right and gives me a blue screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Poidog View Post
    Anyone know why I can't use wireless web to access my Roadrunner e-mail

account via their Webmail site? It is a https:// and uses java scripts but why would that matter. I can log into the site but cannot "see" my e-mails listed via their webmail application.

BTW, when I log on it gives me a message that the page contains "frames". It instructs me to choose the frame that I am interested in and to click to load that frame. Only one of the 9 frames displayed actually displayed anything. It was the Roadrunner top (RRtop) frame that displayed the header gifs (Auto's, Personals, Real Estate and Shopping).

Anyone have any suggestions? Anybody else access their Road Runner e-mail via the Web? My 7250 was issued via my employer and is set up to access my company's BES via Outlook thus the need to access my "home" mail via the Webmail.

Thanks a million for anyones suggestions/help!